Tuesday.

Tuesday is always a scary day in Purgatory. It's town- wide food drop day. Every town gets a food drop. But only one per district, per week. Through Josh's inside sources, and my impeccable invisibility, we find out that the third Tuesday of the month is always the week where the Riot Clan goes after District 3's food drop. They should know better. That's our turf. "I'm in position." Josh whispers through our two- way radios that I put together from spare parts. "Copy that." I reply. I look up at the rooftop across the square and see Josh, sniper in hand. The gov likes to keep us guessing, so every week the food drop is in a different place in the district. But we got the location of it this week. We're ready for the Clan. Josh waves from the rooftops, and I wave back. Just then, I hear an engine. I duck into the shadows, and Josh gets in position, laying down on the roof. In a matter of seconds, a red and black jeep pulls into the square and finds the drop. They move fast, but Josh is faster. I clutch my machine gun and whisper into the radio "go." When the Rioters backs are turned to the building Josh is on, he fires off a shot, burning a bullet into the back of one of the Rioters heads, blowing it off his shoulders. The rest of them turn towards the building and start firing their weapons, but not before Josh lays back down, totally unseen by the Rioters. Then I jump into the light, and spray the square with bullets. Even before I take a step towards the drop, the rest of the Rioters fall over, dead as birds. I bolt for the crate, as Josh yells "All clear!" I grab the drop, and throw the heavy crate onto my back. I then run for the building that Josh has already dropped behind. I turn the corner with the crate, and I see Josh sliding down the building on a rope. Almost as instantly as he hits the floor, he lifts up the sewer cover directly below us. I jump through, and Josh follows. We crouch in the sewers as we hear sirens and helicopters fly over the area, looking for us.

"Taught those fuckers to mess with us." Josh says, as he pulls his mask over his head. "They always come back." I reply, pull off my black UK sweatshirt. "They always do." I reach for the key clipped onto my belt, press the button on it, and listen. "Please scan your retina." A familiar, far off voice says. "Two rights and a left." Josh orders, so we head down the sewer tunnel, taking a right where the tunnel splits. Then another, then a left, meeting the AI voice repeating the phrase "Please scan your retina." Josh does as it asks, then I do the same. The voice speaks again, but this time saying "Welcome back, how was the drop?" I open my mouth to talk, but Josh beats me to it, saying "We are having food tonight Francine! Now please, open the door." She opens the door to the lair and we crawl through the door. The dark blue lights shine through the misty darkness, illuminating our cave of a lair, and revealing the mostly modified technology therein. Francine is a wonderfully smart AI that I programmed from scratch. And all our tech? Stolen, borrowed, made, found, and modified, all by me or Josh. We didn't always used to be criminals of justice. We used to work alone, and for personal gain only. But that's a story for another heist.