II- Open Arms

Harley stumbled off the plane in port angeles. Her big Brown eyes flickered around the packed loading and unloading area. She was deeply thankful she only had two suit cases and a backpack with her... it would be easier to hail a cab to take her to the nearest car sales lot.

She passed several happy reunions, some of which were couples or family while others were long forgotten friends. She would most likely get the same thing from her uncle and cousin. She hadn't told either of them she was coming back to Forks. She wanted it to be a surprise, even her reasoning.

Grabbing her luggage, Harley marched through the small airport and straight out to the road. For twenty minutes she waited on the curb trying to flag down a cab. When one finally pulled up it was clear she was in for a steaming pile of aggression until she could get to a used car lot.

"Um where's the nearest used car lot?" The beer bellied, balding and squished face cabbie snarled at her.

"Five minutes from here. Pay now or get out." Reaching into her wallet Harley passed the nasty man a couple tens and a five. After, oddly enough, sniffing the cash the cabbie pulled into traffic and began to maneuver through rush hour.

Ten minutes and another twenty later Harley stood in the Ford used dealer ship's floor looking at all the cars she could have bought had Casey not made sure she gave him 75% of each of her waitress paychecks.

"Good morning ma'am Im Lucas Marks how may I be of assistance?" Harley turned and smiled brightly at the salesman. He was tall, taller than her 5'5.6" frame, a bright white smile and green eyed stare drawing her in.

"I'm looking for a cheap 1990 car. Something that does okay on gas." He laughed, throwing an arm around Harley's shoulder to lead her off the floor and out into the light drizzle. They walked down two rows of newer and flashier cars until he stopped at a slightly banged up ford focus.

"1996 Ford Focus. Only has 123,000 miles and does 20 miles per gallon. Cost is $2,350. Price can be nagotiated." Harley pulled from the salesmans grip and walked around the car, peaking in the windows and checking for dings and dents.

"How's the title?"

"Clean. Traded in nearly two years ago for a newer model." Harley nodded, scratching slightly at her scalp as she thought. Turning she screwed up her face in apprehension.

"Can I take it for a test drive?" Lucas smiled.

"Of course. I'll be right back with the keys."