VI- Learning Curve

*Paul*
The rain seems to soak everything in its path as he ran through the woods, four paws pounding on the muddy ground. Jared's thoughts were revolving around Kim, his proposal looping through his mind as he attempted to find the right words to say.

He hoped he never got like that with Harley. They had only been on two dates and already she plagued his mind, though not nearly as much as Emily appeared on Sams or Kim appeared on Jared's.

He was two miles from Harleys when he caught the scent. It was the redhead, Victoria, and she was suddenly right in front of him. Growling deeply Paul darted after her, feeling Jared do the same. One howl is all it took for Embry, Quill, Sam, Jacob and Leah to phase and join the chase.

They were so close, then she jumped to the Cullen's side. Growling we followed on our own. She jumped across and Embry was about to get her when the big one launched over.

With a howl and a deep chested growl I threw myself at him, knocking him out of the air and into the air. He glared at him, trying to find a way past to get to the redhead but she was on our grounds which meant he couldn't go further.

"Paul let him come back. Harley needs you." The blonde doctor, Carlisle called to him. Pauls ears were pinned down with panic and worry.

"Go, please. She's scared." That was all it took for Paul to turn tail and leave the idiot bloodsuckers there soaking in the river.

*Harley*
She woke with her insides feeling like they were on fire. Gasping g she rolled over as best she could in bed. She couldn't reach her chair in time and last night's dinner, pasta her and Paul had cooked together, came spilling past her lips.

Tears rolled down her checks as she finally regained her breathing. Whipping her mouth Harley abandoned the thought of leaving bed and grabbed her phone. Dialing the number Bella had given her a few weeks prior she waited.

"Hello, Harley what's wrong." Breathing in weak pants.

"It's happened again. This time 's worse. I can't breath, there's even blood mixed with the vomit this time. I'm scared please... if you see Paul send him over."

"Of course. Just lay there and try to rest okay. It should pass soon. This kind of sickness shouldn't last much longer." Harley nodded, then realizing that he couldn't see her.

"Thank you."

"Goodbye Harley, try to stay in bed as much as possible." Harley ended the call and curled up as best as she could on the mattress with her condition.