[Pokemon] Playing With Shadows [Morty] II

Having been the Trainer all her life, it was an entirely new experience for Alexia to be the one being patched up by Nurse Joy instead of waiting. "There, that should help. But I wonder what you're doing all the way over here in Johto..." the red-headed Nurse copy mumbled, after finishing up tying the bandage of the now Potion-sprayed wound.

["I'm sure..."] Alexia sniffed bored-ly. She would have said more if not for the Chansey standing next to Nurse Joy. The Nurse might not be able to understand, but that Chansey sure could.

["Ah, now what?"] Alexia asks, turning her now crimson gaze to the pink Pokemon who smiled happily.

["By the looks of things, you'll wait until that Gym Leader comes back! His Gastly seemed intent on making him keep you!"] came the answer. That answer caused Alexia's fur to bristle all along her body. The thought of being caught like a common Pokemon instead of being treated like the human she really was repulsed her greatly.

"Oh, is something wrong, Poochyena?"

Alexia merely slammed her forehead into the table she was situated on.

Several hours passed, and Alexia managed to fall asleep before something wet dragging over her face causing her fur to bristle and for her to jump several feet away from the strange awakening. Imagine her surprise when she spotted the Gastly from earlier laughing heartily with his tongue hanging out.

It didn't take a genius to figure out she had just been licked.

["The hell is wrong with you?!"] Alexia snarled, fur still bristling in anger.

["Nothing that my fellow Ghost Pokemon don't find normal!"] Gastly sniggered, spinning around a couple of times. ["Today's your lucky day, Poochy-exia!"]

["Poochy-exia?"]

"Oh, Morty!" Nurse Joy's voice rang out, in her usual chipper manner. "You've come back for Poochyena?"

"It seems Gastly seems to want me to keep her." The blonde Gym Leader smiles, gesturing to the purple and black Pokemon still pestering the Poochyena.

After that it was only moments before Alexia found herself being held in the blonde's arms as Gastly sniggered at the look on her face. As a human she had never been one for any form of physical contact, so this was pushing it for her. Instead of reacting violently, as she so wished, however, she merely glared at the Gastly and flattened her ears along the back of her head.

"Do you have a Trainer, Poochyena?" Morty asks, glancing down for the bite Pokemon's answer.

This merely caused Alexia to sweat drop. 'I was the Trainer...' Regardless, she shook her head 'no.'

----

"So, where did she go?" the blue-haired grunt asks, scratching his head as he stared at his boss for the answer.

His partner promptly smacked him over the head and glared at him as if he were a complete and utter retard that could do nothing right. "If boss-lady knew that we wouldn't be here, would we?"

"Well, I dunno, Jacob, that's why I was askin'!"

"Retard!"

'Boss-lady' sighed before glaring at the two grunts, it was amazing these two hadn't been... disposed of... though they did serve their purpose when it was all said and done.

"Ahem."

The small noise was effective immediate, the two men quickly straightened up their backs and faced their superior with intent looks on their faces. "Now that I have your proper attention." The woman quipped, staring the two down until they were visibly nervous. "You are sent to find our latest experiment. It seems after Miss Alexia was successfully transformed with our newest machine she had escaped."

Here she stopped, tossing her bright red hair and peering at the grunts once more over the rims of her half moon glasses. She tapped a perfectly manicured nail over a manila folder. "You're to find her and bring her back immediately."

"Uh, a-alive or dead, ma'am?" Jacob questions, sparing his partner a quick glance.

"Preferably alive, but it doesn't have to be."

----

Inside the laboratories of the Team Rocket base, a Dusk Ball began shaking, the very most middle circle glowing red off and on again and again as the Pokemon inside attempted to get out without her Trainer's permission.

Through the limpid top of her Pokeball she had witnessed her Trainer trying to escape the Rocket Team, instead her Trainer had become an experiment, and she had ended up here to be used at a later date.

Finally the Dusk Ball popped opened, releasing the purple ghost Pokemon inside. "Mis?"