Skip day

"C-corn nuts."
I wake with a start tears sliding down my cheeks. My arms are rapped around something small and red. Chandler. That's right I stayed the night at Heather's. I glance around the room McNamara is passed out laying on top of Duke's back on the floor. Pillows thrown around and a half empty bowl of popcorn lays on the ground. Mac's purse was sitting on a love seat a pill bottle balancing on the lip of her bag.

I turn and study chandler. I want to hold onto her to make sure she doesn't disappear, or die. I tighten my arms around her as I lean into her side. But it's like nothing's there. Boney and thin is all I could described it as. Her face with out makeup reveled the tired look to her eyes, and she had light freckles. How can someone in so much pain be so beautiful?

I sit up and look at the clock. 10:30 AM! Oh shit were so late. I need to wake up the Heathers. I poke Chandler. "Hey wake up we're late." I said calmly. Chandler groaned and pulled me in for a hug before laying down. My arms are stuck between my chest and chandler. My head rest in the crook of her neck. "Chandler get up." I pleaded but she only grumbles. "HEATHER!" I yelled as loud as I could.

She shot up and I landed on the floor in a position I did not favor. I quickly got up and fixed my skirt. Mac and Duke yawned before they jumped away from each other. "WHAT'S YOUR DAMAGE VERONICA!" Chandler screamed. I jump a little. "W-were late." I mumbled. She scoffed and turned to the clock.

"Shit we've basically missed half the day." She said. "Hey Heather me and Heather gotta go our parents have been blowing up our phones." Mac said. "Do you need a ride?" Chandler asked. "Nah were gonna go on a walk." Duke said walking with Mac to the door. They slammed the door shut as they left. "I should call my mom." I said scratching the back of my neck awkwardly.

Heather didn't say anything but walked towards me. "Ronnie don't worry about school I got it covered." She said grabbing my hand with her's gently. A slight blush was on my cheeks. "H-Heather can I ask you something?" I stuttered. "Sure what is it?"  She asked with her signature smirk. "Are you okay? Like n-not normally but... d-do you have an eating disorder?" I said meekly.

Her face fell as shock took over her face. I hate to do this but I can deal with flirty Heather later. "What makes you say that?" She laughed nervously. I gave her the "really" look and she broke down. "Hey it's okay! I wanna help you." I said hugging her. "Why do you make me feel like this Sawyer?" She said between sobs.

"You wanna talk about it?" I said leading her to the couch. She nodded and sat down laying on my lap as I stroked her hair. "It started in middle school. Slowly over time I started believing I was fat, and I believed being skinny was pretty." She sobbed. I feel bad. The demon queen of high school is broken and crying on my lap.

"Does Heather know or your parents?" I asked trying to calm her. "No. The Heathers think I'm dieting. I wanna stop but if I eat I feel gross and I love the burn in my stomach. It feels right." She says choking down sobs. I sat here up and hugged her tightly. "How could you do this to yourself?" I asked getting choked up.

"I don't know. Maybe it was because I didn't like myself or I thought I wasn't beautiful." She cried. "Heather no matter what you look like I will always think you're beautiful." I said. She stared down into my eyes. Tear trails ran down her cheeks. Her stone grey eyes held so much emotion. She was leaning in! I closed my eyes.

RING RING!

Fuck! Heather jumped away from me and curled up on the end of the sofa. I grabbed my phone. "Yes?" I asked angrily. "DON'T TAKE THAT TONE WITH ME!" My mom yelled. Shit. "Oh sorry mom I didn't realize it was you." I tried to apologize. "It doesn't matter. The school called me saying you haven't been there all morning!" She shouted. Fuck me. "Ummm  I forgot to tell you I stayed at Heather's last night and I'm only getting up now. Sorry." I said awkwardly.