Ch 2

"Aria, you're going to have to get up sometime," Hanna annoyingly urged.

I ignored her as I had been doing to the girls for the past half hour. I know what they were doing, I've done it myself. They were trying to make me feel better after everything.

"He's not A," I mumbled.

"What?" the girls all said in unison, probably surprised I finally replied to them.

I sat up, cheeks red, eyes swollen.

"Ezra isn't A." I said louder this time.

"We don't know that for sure," Hanna argued.

"I know it, Hanna. And I'm saying he isn't. He's just trying as hard as we are to figure out who A is!" I yelled.

Hanna remained silent.

"Aria, stop yelling. We're just trying to help," Spencer sedated.

"I feel like yelling, okay? I've been through hell these past two days! I discovered that my boyfriend, the guy I love & trust, has been keeping a huge secret from me! I don't feel like holding anything in anymore." I sighed.

"Don't you think we know about that, too?" Spencer challenged. "Toby was literally A for awhile."

"That was to protect you." I spat.

"Doesn't matter. You said you were lied to. We were all lied to. Toby lied to me about the A-team, Paige lied about her history with Alison, and Caleb lied about helping Jenna into tricking Hanna into shit." Spencer fired back.

"I'm sorry." I apologize taking my face into my hands.

I felt arms reach around me and pull me in close & by the embrace, I could tell it was Hanna.

"Thanks, Hanna," I mumbled.

"Why don't you take a break from break tomorrow and Tuesday," Emily said suggestively.

"Okay." I heavily breathed in and out.

"But, if you need anything, you know you can call us," Hanna whispered mainly to me. She wasn't suggesting anything, she was basically stating a given fact.

"I think I'm going to leave Rosewood," I said, including them into my plan.

"Okay, hold on. You cannot just move away from the city you've grown up in because of some creeper boyfriend!" Hanna protested.

"I'm not moving. My dad is taking a business trip to somewhere in Pennsylvania. I think I should go with him to take my mind off of things." I looked away from the eyes placed on mine.

"That's a good idea," Emily agreed.

"I think it's stupid." Spencer pointed out.

"Spencer!" Emily barked.

"What? You cannot run away from your problems forever, Ms. Montgomery!" Spencer said. "It's time for a wake-up call. I know it's hard. And I'm not gonna lie, it doesn't get better until a few weeks pass! But let me tell you something, you can't leave Rosewood." she scolded.

I didn't reply. I just glared outside at the trees outside my window, trying to bring the tension down.

"Do what you want." Spencer said, storming out of the room.

She was obviously pissed but I didn't care. I was pissed, too.

"Bye, Aria," Hanna put a hand on my shoulder and walked off behind Spencer.

Emily didn't say bye but she also placed a small hand gesture to my back as she rubbed circles onto my spine.

I did need a wake-up call. But, I couldn't receive the person on the other line of the call. What do I do now? Should I follow my instincts or face my problems?