Ch 3

"You alright down there?"

"Just a bit jet-lagged, I just came back from Europe."

"So do you go to Hollis?"

"Yup, I just graduated, I'm going to start my first teaching job."

"I love this song."

"B26."

"What's your major?" the handsome man asked.

"Well, uh, I'm leaning towards English.."

"That's what I'm teaching." he smiled.

"And I write too, but so far it's mostly personal. Just for me."

"Maybe you'd let me read some of yours?"

"Yeah, you'd really want to?" I asked surprised.

"Yeah. You're smart, you've travelled, you have great taste in music. I'd like to know more about you."

The hazy memory of a once trustworthy man had vanished and I woke up feeling sick in my stomach.

I literally ran over to my trash bin and hurled anything and everything I had for dinner last night.

Thinking about what Ezra and I had made me sad and I honestly was sick of it.

❋❋❋❋❋❋

I stormed into Ezra's classroom that afternoon and he wasn't there which pissed me off even further.

He was such a coward. He needed a wake-up call, not me. He didn't even bother to keep teaching his stupid class.

I can't believe how stupid I was to believe Ezra. I used to sit back in this damn classroom, staring at him like he was some savior, a hero. He was no hero. Heroes aren't cowards.

I was infatuated by the English school teacher who had a double life. He wasn't a real teacher, he was a stalker. Not technically, but he was not a teacher. He was a writer. I mean, is a writer.

I drove back to his apartment and unlocked it with the 'secret key' he kept under his mat.

I came in yelling his name, "Ezra!"

No answer.

"Ezra!!" I yelled, furious that he didn't even bother to reply.

I looked through every room this tiny apartment could obtain, not a person in sight.

I was full of pure hatred to Ezra. I started to snoop around the apartment. Might as well, I was here anyway.

❋❋❋❋❋❋

I can't believe what I had done.

I didn't exactly face my problems. The thing is, after all the snooping, I just ended up destroying everything. I was just so angry.

I sat in the mess I had made in his apartment.

Before I knew what was happening, the girls came in, running to me to surround me.

"Aria! Are you okay?" they all asked at different times.

"No," I choked.

"I'm not okay."

"Let's go," Emily said taking me in her arms like I was a mental patient. I didn't mind the comfort, I really needed it anyway.

"Grab Aria's bag, please," Hanna ordered Spencer who was left in the apartment.

❋❋❋❋❋❋

I sat in our living room, burning all the remains of Ezra's research.

"Feeling any better?" Hanna asked.