Ch 5

Love.

Love is a forceful power that can lead you to all kinds of new possibilities. Love is mystic and beautiful, but at the same time, it can hurt like a bitch. Whomever I was with, never created a distraction from Ezra. I feel like Ezra is a part of me and there isn't going back on that.

Ezra was romantic, kind, intelligent, and mysterious. Though I hated not knowing things, he was mysterious. He kept secrets that somehow I always found out later. I've always loved mysterious things.

It sounds weird, but it's true. I can't help the undeniable growing affection between us.

I had seven missed calls from Ezra last night. I didn't even wish to check how many voicemails were left within those calls.

But I decided, I had better talk to Ezra before going all stranger on him. Whether or not he betrayed me, my heart always yearned for more of his affection.

I showed at his door, knocking like a madwoman who needed to talk to him. Waiting for a few seconds, Ezra opened the door, wearing a sweatshirt and sweatpants. His casual wear whilst he's home.

"Oh, hi Aria," his eyes dropped to the floor.

My brain couldn't function. His voice. His deep voice. Ii loved the way he sad her name. It made it sound beautiful.

"Uh..." I stuttered. "I'm here to discuss.." I sounded like a freaking teacher getting mad at a student.

Ironic.

"I wanted to talk about us.. Can I come in?" I said, inviting myself in anyway.

As I brushed past the gray dressed man, he muttered "Of course" under his breath.

I sat down on the familiar couch that feels like my second home. He approached me slowly, then sat in the chair adjacent to the couch, so we could face each other, but not sitting next to each other.

"What can I help you with?" he asks, sighing.

"Ezra, you ruined me."

"Aria, I'm so s-"

"Let me finish." I interrupted.

He nodded his head, letting me continue m.

"You ruined me. I have been a crying wreck for these past weeks. I think about you all the time, what you did was so hurtful. You should've told me about Alison. I gave you so many opportunities, yet you pretended like she was just somebody you knew cause of me." I blinked away my tears, so it wouldn't turn into a pity party.

"Finished?" Ezra asked.

I nod.

"Aria, I don't know what else to say. I'm so sorry this ever happened. I'm sorry I never told you about Alison. I'm sorry I didn't even say anything about how I knew anything about her. I'm sorry."

"I just want to be happy, Ezra." I said, wiping the tears that refused to listen to me.

"I can give you that. I can make your sadness disappear. I can. You just have to trust me."

"Trust you? How? How can I do that, when I already did and it's been broken!" I said, crying.

"Haven't you always loved fixing broken things?"

I fell silent.

No matter how much I denied it, it was true. I liked fixing things. Because it was the fact that I, myself, did it.

"Fix this broken relationship, and I will swear to you that I will never break you or your heart again." Ezra said convincingly.

"How do I? How do I fix this?"

"Forgive."

"Why? Why should I do that?"

"Because you know that's what you and I really want. You know that's what's right, too." Ezra persuaded.

"I do want that. But, it's not right. I guarantee you that."

"Nobody's perfect, Aria. Not even you." he said leaning closer to my lips.

"Just say stop if you want me to," he whispered.

My breath hitched but my actions didn't falter at any second. As soon as his lips went against mine, the heat that I missed for so long was soon restored. The electricity that was out for a time period was given back.

It wasn't long, but it was missed.

Ezra broke his lips away from mine, a bright face now put in place instead of the gloomy one that opened the door.

"Ezra, I want to be with you. But, how can I trust you?"

"Sometimes, the only way to find true happiness is to risk being completely cut open."

"Okay." I smiled.

The smile felt foreign on my face. It was like a whole new person replaced me. But, it was true. A whole new person had replaced me, but the funny thing was, that whole new person was brought out by Ezra.

I didn't know how far this trust would take me, but I hoped it would be Cloud Nine, the way it used to be.

"I'm going to go," I said, standing up from my spot on the couch.

"I'll call you." Ezra smiled.

"Okay."

I exited his apartment, but I stayed at the door. I felt too giddy inside to go home, yet.

I squealed inside my head, so Ezra wouldn't hear me. I pressed my back against the wall near his door, and slumped to the floor, just dying inside that I finally forgave the one I loved most.

Forgiveness wasn't easy. But, once I did it, it felt so much easier to feel happy rather than being upset.

Forgiveness was working quite well for us.