3

I'm sitting next to Frankie in the living room, watching some dumb TV show, when my phone vibrates. I pull it out of my back pocket and read the notification displayed on the screen. It's from Dylan. Shit.

where the fuck were u?

I don't bother replying, and place my phone down on a pillow, sighing. "You okay?" Frankie asks, concern evident in his voice. I nod and sink into the couch. He looks at me apprehensively, expecting me to say something, but instead I stay quiet and return my focus to the TV. A few minutes later Ariana walks through and sits down, completely avoiding eye contact with me. Moments like these make me wish Mom was home. I stand up and walk through to the kitchen, and hop onto the bench. Now seems like a good time to text Dad. My Dad only lives a few blocks away from here actually, but I haven't seen him for a few years. I scroll through my contacts, and don't find him anywhere, so I look through my unsaved numbers. Sure enough I find his number, and add him as a contact. To be completely honest, I felt guilty about not adding him as a contact. After all, he is my Dad.

Hey Dad, it's me Chey x

He reads it after a few minutes, and replies straight away.

hey princess, how is everything? Joan said you're staying with Ari and Frankie x

yeah I am, things are as smooth as the titanic

LOL, do you want me to pick you up? You can stay with me for a while until everything settles down.

I cringe at my Dad using 'lol', but take his idea into consideration. I mean, maybe it would be a good idea to stay with Dad for the rest of the summer. My Mom wouldn't approve, but she's not here. Just as I'm about to reply, the door swings open and Ariana walks in. She walks over to me and hops up onto the bench too. "Hey" She greets, bluntly. "Hi" I reply, putting down my phone. "Ariana I'm really sorry, about everything. I honestly am. I love you so much and I know I've been acting like a bitch, but I'm willing to start again" I apologise, looking her in the eyes. She smiles, revealing her dimple, and opens her arms out. I hug her tightly, the scent of her sweet perfume surrounding my nose. "I love you too Chey, and I accept her apology. "Dad asked me if I wanted to visit" I inform her, pulling back from her embrace. "He did?" She asks, shocked. "Yeah."

"Well what did you say?" "I haven't answered." "What are you going to say?" She asks, sounding a little nervous. I shrug. "I don't know, really" I admit. "You know Dad, Cheyenne. He's going to make you stay with him longer than you planned. He always does that." She sighs, "Remember Christmas 2012, you went to visit him and you were there until June?" She laughs, playing with her sweater. "Oh yeah" I recall. "Plus. I don't want you to leave me here!" She pouts, fake crying. "You'd have Frankie" I offer, and she makes a face, making me laugh.

"What was that?" Frankie asks, peeping his head into the kitchen. "Oh nothing, my darling brother" She coos, making him laugh. Once he had left, Ariana turns her attention back to me. "So, what're you gonna do?" She asks, pouting again. "I'm gonna stay with my darling sister" I laugh, mocking Ariana's voice. She hugs me tightly from behind. "Wait I gotta tell Dad" I laugh, grabbing my phone.

No thanks It's fine x

I put my phone down and turn back to Ariana, who is grinning like an idiot. I'm about to say something when my phone vibrates. I pick it up and freeze, handing it to Ariana. She looks a little confused at first, but catches on quickly.

Too late, I'm outside.

I'm about to say something else when he replies again.

I'm upstairs.

"This is just some dumb joke, don't even worry" Ariana says confidently, rolling her eyes. "Yeah probably" I add, trying my hardest not to seem scared. Just then the door swings open and I cuddle in to Ariana, scared as hell. "Baby it's Frankie" Ariana says warmly, rubbing my back. I turn around and am met with a concerned looking Frankie. "Cheyenne do you have friends over?" He asks, with wide eyes. I look at Ariana and back at Frankie. "N-no" I stumble, shaking my head. "But I heard someone upstairs" He argues, confused. "Okay Frankie, stop scaring Cheyenne, I know you're in on this joke with Dad" Ariana orders, with a stern voice. Suddenly the door swings open and in walks my Dad. "D-Dad" Frankie and Ariana stutter simultaneously. "I'm here for Cheryl actually" He demands, walking over to me, clearly disorientated. "My name's Cheyenne" I laugh, but he doesn't smile. Ariana rushes over to me and grabs my hand, pulling me away from him. He glares at her. "What do you think you're doing young lady" He snaps, staring straight at Ariana.

"I don't trust you with Cheyenne, you're obviously drunk" She answers, squeezing my hand tightly. "You don't trust me with my own daughter?" He asks, furrowing his eyebrows. I see Frankie walking over in the corner of my eye. "No. I don't" She says bluntly. "Please leave. This is my house" She adds. He stumbles closer to her, so that they are face to face. "You can't kick your father out of your house" He growls, with a harsh expression. She doesn't say anything, but backs up slightly, pulling me with her. "I'm here for Cheyenne" He informs. "I'm taking her with me"

Ariana declines once again and he grabs my wrist harshly, pulling me towards him. Ariana may be small, but damn she is strong. "I'm calling the police" Frankie informs, as he dials 911. Ariana pulls me towards her and I stumble onto the ground.

The police take Dad away, I'm not sure where, I'm just glad he's gone. Ariana and Frankie pull me into a hug, and we stay like that for a while.