Chapter 1

The music blared as David and I layed in the back of his truck. He had his arm around me, with his hand on my shoulder. I had my head on his shoulder, wrapped my arm around his torso, and held him close.

David and I have been dating for almost 3 years now. I have been praying for the day that he would propose. I love him, and I knew he loved me.

I smiled as I snuggled closer to him. He pulled me closer and kissed my forehead. I closed my eyes as I started to dream about us.

David was holding my hand as we made our way down a trail. He kept on saying that we were almost to the spot that he wanted us to be in. We finally got there and he stopped. I looked at him and asked him what he was doing. He smiled at me and got down on a knee. I put my hands over my mouth, smiling and tearing up with joy. He started to say some really beautiful words about our relationship. As this was happening, another couple walked past us and smiled at us. As they did, a person walked up behind them and put a gun to the girls back. He was about to shoot, but David got up and tried to help her. He ran up to the man and tried to stop him, but he pulled the gun up, and shot David in the head. Blood, brains, and an eyeball fell out of his head. He laid on the ground motionless. No movement. No breathing. Nothing. I screamed and fell on my knees.

I sat up quickly and looked beside me to see David sleeping. I checked around us and saw that he was okay. I sighed in relief. I stayed sitting up and just watched over him. I looked up at the dark sky, each star glimmering like a million crystals.

The sky started to fill with dark clouds. I got concerned that a storm was coming. I went to the radio and changed I to the whether channel. They didn't say that anything was coming. I looked at sky confusingly.

"Why does it look like it's going to rain tho..." I sailed to myself.

"Because I'm here." I heard a deep voice from the other side of the truck.

"David?" I turned.

"No" the man smirked. "I'm not David." The man had on a black suit with a black tie. He had black hair that was put up to a point with a lot of gel. Something that was odd to me about this guy.. was he had bright yellow eyes.

"Who are you then?" I asked as I got out of the truck.

He crackled. "I'm someone you would never hope to see." He walked closer to me. "I'm part of your nightmares that you wish you never saw. I'm part of the underworld that tortures the souls of the wicked."

I backed away in horror. "So.. you're.."

"Yeah.. a demon."

"Why are you here?" I asked.

"To make a deal." He smirked. "That dream you just dreamt was not something to push away like it's nothing. In 2 days, your Prince Charming here is going to propose."

"Really?" I asked, seeing a light of hope that came from this guys eyes.

"But here's the catch. Also on that day, what you saw in that dream.. is going to happen. No matter if you change directions on that trail, or you go to a different trail. Or if you stay home. He will still die the same death you just saw. Unless you take my deal."

"What deal?" I asked.

"You can save his life, or let him die. Which one?"

"Save his life? Yeah, I'll take-"

He interrupted me. "Before you take any deal, let's hear everything that comes with it."

"Comes with it? What do you-"

He interrupted me again. "You can save his life for your life, or you can forget all about him, and hope that he finds the love that you two have again. You will not remember anything of your relationship of him, nor will he." His smirk got bigger, wider, almost from ear to ear.

I thought about it. "Can I have a day with him? Just one last day as his?" I asked. "I'll take the deal, but not right away. I have to think on it to see if it's the right thing."

"Alright, but you have to make up your mind by Sunday morning. Or the deal will be expired." He said. He turned and started to walk away.

"How do I make the deal then?" I asked.

"Call my name only once." He said. "My name is Maloch."

He disappeared in a flash, and all the clouds started to slowly go away, the stars glimmering again.

I stood there dumbfounded. I looked at David, and started to tear up. I fell to my knees and covered my eyes. I balled on the ground for a few minutes until I hear David starting to wake up. I looked up at the back of the truck, then wiped my eyes. I stood up and tried to hide the fact that I was crying.

I turned from him, letting my eyes take a break.

"You okay?" He asked.

"Yeah..." I said, sniffling. "I had a really bad dream." I said.

"Oh.." I heard him getting out of the truck, then heard his shoes on the ground coming toward me. He wrapped his arms around and put his head in the crook of my shoulder. "Do you want to talk about it?" He asked.

I was quiet for a second, wondering if I should tell him what I saw in my dream, or give him a hint on what just happened with Maloch. "I saw you die..." I said. "You got shot... right in front of me." I said.

I felt him shudder, then pulled away from me. He turned me to him. "I'm right here." He said with a soft smile. "No bullet holes."

I stared in his eyes. What would life be like without David? What would I turn into? He changed me to who I am. So who would I be?

I put my head on his chest, closing my eyes to keep the tears in. I felt tears starting to tear my eyelids apart. I put my hands on his chest and gripped his shirt. "Please never leave me." I sobbed in his chest.

"I promise." He said without hesitation. We both slid down to our knees as I continued to sob.

David held me close as I started to fall asleep in his arms.