Chapter 3

I have made many friendships for the past month. I have made so many, that my contacts says that I can't have anymore numbers in my phone. When I walk down the hallways of my college, I pass almost every single one just walking 10 feet to the dance studio on the campus.

I walked in, set my stuff down by the small, black rollie chair in front of the wooden desk. The wooden desk had a Dell computer that had he names of all the people what I was teaching for my assignment. There was a paper also on the table that had 5 strait lines drawn on it, but nothing else. This was the sitting chart for the next few months.

For the next few months, I will be teaching college students a dance for their assignment. I have been practicing many styles of dance. Today is just a 'show-your-talent day' I guess. I don't plan on starting it today. I need to learn everyone's name, along with where everyone sits.

I started to go through the roll, saying their name so I can get a gist of who these people are. I saw a few familiar names trough the list as well.

All the names are: Angelica, Brantley, Chad, Cindy, David, Eli, Elizabeth, Hunter, Ian, Jade, Jeff, Julie, Landon, Madison, Maria, Miranda, Reagan, Serena, Will and Zach.

There weren't that many. Less people means less mistakes to me. I hope. The class had half girls and half boys. I could possibly do an upbeat couples dance that had a lot of feet movement, or I could do a slow dance that had girls and boys in peace with each other. Or I could do something that had girls and boys dancing at different times, or like a competition. I started to jot down ideas that I had for the dance, then started to do stretches so I wouldn't hurt myself while dancing.

I stood in the middle of the room then leaned to the side, holding my arm up and curved around my head. I did that to the other side. I then reached back ward with the same arm shape, bending my back slightly to give it a stretch. I went to a flat back with my hands together at the bottom of my back. I put both of my hands on my feet, then put my nose to my knee. I did the same thing to the other side of my body. I then went down to the splits. I reached to my toes, and again put my nose to my knee. I went out of the splits, and spread my legs out so I could reach both feet. I reached for the right foot first, stayed there for a couple seconds, then went to the left. I leaned forward, still having my butt on the ground, I put my nose to the ground. I stood up and stretched the bottom of my feet on the big mirror in front of me. I put my palm on the mirror, put my back to mirror, and stretched my shoulder-blades.

I was done stretching, then started to think of ideas for the dance. I did upbeat dance moves, and slow, ballet dance moves. I did spins, thinking that there could be only one couple doing a dance in the middle of the room while everyone else did a dance around them. I thought that that would be the best idea to do. I started to think of ideas for that. I started to do dance moves, having a place in the middle of the room be empty for the couple to be dancing there. I did kicks, jumps, extensions with my arms as I jumped, dramatic arm and leg movements, along with big movements that flowed really well.

I had a good understanding of what the song was going to be, I just had to put everything together. I had enough time each day to get everything together before our next practice.

As our practices go on through the months, we will meet more often we will be meeting next week. Today is Tuesday, do it gives me a whole week to get everything sorted out, also to get my assistant to help me. And that looked like enough time for me.

I looked at the time, and saw that everyone was about to come in. I pulled my hair up, then started to think of where everyone would be standing through the next few months. I had to figure out who needed the most help and who needed less help.