Chapter 4

"What am I thinking?" I yelled at the air in my small apartment. I jumped on my bed, and rolled on my stomach. "How can I think of something like that?" I said as I put my hands over my eyes.

My small cat, with orange, brown, and black fur, jumped onto the bed. She rubbed her head against my arms to great me. I pulled my hands away from my eyes and ran my hand down her back, and all the way to the end of her tail. She purred, rubbing against me more. I smiled.

"I can always trust you, Laddie." I said.

My cat has always made me feel better when I was in a state of panic, or even when I was feeling down. She has been the light of my life for the past four years that I have had her.

I rolled onto my back, running my hands through my hair. I sighed, pulling my phone in front of my face. I pressed the small button at the bottom, to see my screen saver pop up. I went through my phone to try and find something to pass the time that I have left before my next class. I groaned. I went to my pictures, the only app that I haven't gone to yet. I scrolled through all 1,548 of them. I got to a part of my phone, when it was me and this dude that I have never seen before.

"What the.. When was this?" I asked out loud. I got up, and sat up strait with my legs circled in front  of me, and my feet together. I clicked on one of the pictures, and it was a picture of me and a dude at a fancy party.

In the picture, I was wearing a dark red dress that had a black rose on the side of my waist, attached to a black belt that made me look skinnier. Not like I needed to be any skinnier than I already was. The dress also had a very skinny, and shinny, black fabric that was on top of the dark red. There was a red lace fabric that on top of the black to make it pop more. The dress was cut down to my knees, but the back of the cut off in the middle of my lower legs.

My hair was braided to the side, but it was a very loose braid. It also had some black flowers that were in between some of the braids. There were some strands of hair that weren't in the braid. Those pieces were curled at the bottom, but strait at the top.

The guy standing next to me, he wore a black suite that had a dark red tie, and he also had a red rose in his lapel. He had dark black hair and bright blue eyes, that popped out like diamonds. He was very handsome.

I looked at the rose very closely. I looked at my wrist, and saw a dark red corsage. I remember that corsage. But I don't remember the dude. I scrolled through the pictures with us two together. Each pose looked like we were very close. It looked like we loved each other. But I have never had a boyfriend ever since I got out of high school. And the last time I wore that dress was at a college party in my first year here. How could I be that close with someone if I didn't have a boyfriend.

I kept scrolling, then came to a picture where the guy had me against a wall. He had his arms wrapped around my waist, pulling me as close to him as he could. He had his lips on mine. I had my arms around his neck, and I even had my hands in his hair.

I kept scrolling through pictures just to see is getting closer and closer. I looked at the picture from before with us just standing there. I stared at my face, then went to the guys face. I stared at his face. My eyes widened.

"That's..." I put my hand over my mouth. "No... that can't be him."

The guy was the same guy from my dance class.

David.