Chapter 2

I woke up the next morning in my own bed alone. I sat up. My eyes still hurt from all the crying I did last night. I put my feet on the floor, still sitting on my bed. I wanted to get up and see David. I wanted to see him so badly. I wanted to spend the rest of the day with him. Maybe go see a movie, maybe 2. Go eat dinner with him. Sleep with him tonight. I wanted to spend every second I had left with him today. I didn't want to waste it.

I looked at my phone on my bedside table. I picked it up, dialed David's number, and put the phone to my ear to hear his voice, making sure he was okay.

"Hey." He answered. "What's up." He said with a yawn after.

"Hey.. did I wake you?" I asked him. I laid back down on my stomach, and laid my head on my palm.

"Nah." He said.

"Well.. I was thinking. Could we spend the whole day together?" I asked him.

"Yeah." He said. "When do you want to?" He asked.

I paused for a second. "Now?" I asked him like if he was okay with it being now.

"Oh. Alright. Yeah. I don't have any work today or tomorrow."

"Alright! I'll see you in a few." I said.

"Alright. Love you." He said.

"Love you." I replied, then hung up. I sighed, laying my head on my pillow. I smiled.

A dark cloud started to swarm my room.

I sat up and watched as it happened. I knew what was happening.

"Change of plans." I heard Maloch's voice echo.

He appeared in front of me. "The timeline changed. He is going to propose today."

I smiled. "Really? Are you serious? That means tomorrow he won't die, right?"

"No. That just means that everything moved up a day." He smirked. "He will take you to the movies, then you two will go to an arcade. You will play games there for an hour. Then he will take you on a walk to the same trail, then propose. Everything that you saw in that dream will happen." He said. "So you have to take the deal now."

"What if I stay in the movie theater for a few more hours? Will that change anything?" I asked, trying  to find any hope in today.

"No."

"What if I just tell him?"

"No!" He screamed. "You never do that!" He screamed at me again. He walked to me and pushed me up against the wall with unbelievable force. "If you even tell him that you saw a demon, and you are about to make a deal with me, your fate, along with his, will be sealed. Nothing will change it. Not even a deal from Satan himself."

"Oh.." I said wide-eyed.

Maloch pulled away from me. "So are you taking the deal or not?"

I looked down, tears slowly forming in my eyes at the thought of giving in to the deal.

"Okay... I'll take the deal." I said, hanging my head in shame. I put my hand out to shake his.

"My deals have to take more than a handshake." He smiled.

"What is it then?" I asked.

"A kiss." He said. "One kiss with our tongues touching, then the deal is done."

"Are you for serious?" I looked at him like I didn't believe him.

"Then try." He put his hand out. I grabbed it.

I waited there for a second, then found a picture of David in my head without me even trying.

I sighed. "Okay."

He got close to me, then pulled my face close to his. He put his lips on mine, then slowly started to kiss me, getting rougher very slowly.

"Hey!" I heard David's voice at the doorway of my room.

I looked at him, and my eyes widened. I felt Maloch's tongue on mine, then saw him fall. My eyes closed and my head went back as I went unconscious.

I felt myself slowly draining. I felt my body draining of love, peace, every memory I had of David.

David...

Dav...

Who?