Chapter 20

*ONE YEAR LATER*

*AUTUMN'S POV*

"Come on boys put your effort into it!" I yelled kicking at some of their shoes while walking past them. Training newborns was fun, they had more strength then most and could kill me at any point if they wanted to, and that's why I loved them. It was interesting watching them train, entertaining for me too.

Jack kicked at a tree causing it to fall over, and I gave him the signal to go wait in line. Some could kick them over with ease, and others couldn't at all.

I kept pacing back and forth watching all the girls and boys kicking and punching the trees. Some were only hanging off a couple roots, others hadn't bugged at all.

I shook my head at many people in disappointment who couldn't knock over a tree and signalled for them to go stand in the opposite line. The failure line.

I followed the one kid over to it and stood there, eyeing them all.

"I expect more from you guys! What's going on?" I asked them sternly. Everyone was silent, obviously too scared to say anything at all.

Then one kid finally spoke up, "It's too hard."

I laughed, "Too hard?! What about all those people?" I pointed over to the other line where the successful people stood, "They seem to be able to knock trees over easily! So why can't you guys?"

This time no one said anything, so I nodded and headed back over to the trees. I gestured for some more people to go to failure line and others to go to the successful line. I had gotten used to being harsh to some people, my father made me.

I was second in line for leading the Wolf Pack, my brother before me. I had been helping them out for a little over a year now, and life had been going great. I trained newborns to the breaking point and been increasing the werewolf population in London.

We still hid at our original spot, the abandoned prison, and worked and lived there too. I had just turned twenty and had gotten a lot stronger over the past year.

I still had the bite mark on my neck, and many people had asked me what it was. I always said it was a scar, but only my brother, father and I really knew what it was.

It was a mark.

The only thing I had left of the boys. I hadn't seen them since the day I ran away, and I had gone through many phases and emotions. One moment I was depressed, started cutting, and felt like dying. Another I was absolutely fine, laughed at everything and loved being around people. It was as if I had been going through puberty all over again.

"Lunch!" I yelled causing everyone to stop what they were doing and sprint towards the building.

As I started walking towards the prison, I turned around to a tap on my shoulder to see the same kid who had confessed to kicking trees over being too hard.

"Yes?" I asked, folding my arms across my chest.

"Autumn Parker." Was all he said. I stood still, not knowing how he knew my first name. I hadn't told any of the students my name, and they weren't supposed to know.

I cleared my throat, "That is not how you address me, now try that again."

"A year. A year without seeing them. Him. How do you even live with yourself without feeling sad?"

•••••

I sat at the lunch table, picking at my meat.

"You seem a little down in the dumps today. What's the matter?" Troy asked me, nudging my shoulder.

"Nothing." I shrugged, not bothering to look at him.

"Whatever." Is all he said in return.

I finally cut a piece of meat and put it in my mouth, chewing slowly.

How the hell did that kid know that?

I continued chewing until a bell went off, scaring the shit out of me as it did.

"Alright, rooms now!" The head leader, my father, yelled as kids rushed out of the room. I got up and threw my food out, probably still capable of being called a meal and not scraps of food.

I headed to my room and sat down on my bed once I got there. I kicked my shoes off and picked up my knife from my bed side table.

I examined it, all of its curves and indents. I threw it at the wall where all the other holes were where it had once been. This time I left it there and plopped my head down on my pillow.

I stared at the ceiling for what seemed like forever, and finally felt my eye lids getting very heavy. Then the room went dark as I fell into a deep sleep.

(A/N: OK GUYS I'M SORRY IT'S SO SHORT WHOOPS. BUT YEAH IF YOU DIDN'T SEE IT AT THE TOP THIS IS A YEAR LATER SO YEAH IF YOU WERE CONFUSED THAT'S WHY. ANYWAYS SORRY FOR ANY SPELLING/GRAMMAR MISTAKES. LOVE YOU XOXO)