Chapter 3

I just stared at him for a minute, jaw open, stunned while my brain tried to wrap around what he just said. Kidnapped? Him? Why?

“I know what you’re thinking Mag. Why would someone do that? Well her parents are freakin nutso. I think they thought my parents were trying to make their daughter hate them because God forbid she was hanging out with me.” He shook his head and looked down at the mattress. “I don’t know what got into them.”

I looked at him and placed my hand on his shoulder. “How old were you?”

“I was 6. I was playing outside with Angie and we were getting too hot so she invited me over to her house for water and a popsicle. I went and that is when her parents closed and locked every door in the house and told me that I was staying with them for a while and that my parents didn’t want me anymore.” He stood up again and started pacing back and forth.

“That’s ridiculous. I don’t think I could ever see your parents not wanting you.” I said. Baffled by what I was hearing.

“I thought the same thing too, but I was 6. I didn’t know better.” He stopped and I was able to see the sadness and anguish in his face. It was then that I realized that I was lucky he was telling me this because he was so not comfortable telling me this story.

“I was heartbroken and I didn’t know what else to do. So I cried. I went into Angie’s room and locked myself in there.” It was then that he hesitated. I could tell it was about to get worse. “Her dad,” he swallowed. “he was able to get the room open and he came in to comfort me.” He paled.

I could tell this wasn’t going to be good. I stood and went over to him. “You don’t have to finish D.” I wrapped my arms around his waist and gave him a hug.

“Yes, I do Maggie.” He hugged me back. ”I want you to know what happened. I feel bad not telling you this all this time. So I want you to know.”

He led me back over to the bed and sat me down on the edge. He stayed standing and continued. “As I said, he came into the room to comfort me. I was curled up on the bed and crying. He walked over to me and sat on the edge of the bed and put his arm on my side to comfort me.”

-flashback Dimitri’s POV-

“Are you ok, son?” He asked.

“No! My parents don’t want me anymore! What am I supposed to do?!” I screamed.

“You can stay here with us, Dimitri.” His hand traveled up to my shoulder from my side. He leaned forward. “We have no problem with you staying here. If your parents don’t want to be parents after all then you can be with real parents.”

I sniffed. “Really?” I was loved by someone. At least my parents had given me to someone who cared.

That is when I noticed that he was looking at me funny. “You know, Dimitri, there is a way that you can relieve yourself of all this pain.”

I sat up and faced him. “No. What is it?”

He slid his hand down my arm slowly and his weird look intensified. It started to scare me. When his hand started to get close to my pants, I jumped up. “What do you think you’re doing? That is not for you to touch!” I jumped off the bed and headed for the door. I ran out into the hallway and down the stairs. I ran straight for the door and ran outside. I ran straight to my house and went inside screaming for my mother.  She came around the corner from the kitchen holding a plate and a dishtowel. When she saw my face she dropped both and headed straight for me.

“What’s wrong baby?” She grabbed me and held me tight. I just started crying again. “Baby calm down and tell mommy what’s wrong. What happened? Did you break something? Are you ok?” She started visibly searching me for any wounds.

“I thought you didn’t want me anymore!” I screamed.

She looked confused. “What do you mean sweetie? I love you. I’m your mother. Why wouldn’t I want you?”

I sniffed. Confused once again I said, “But Angie’s mom and dad said that you didn’t want me no more. That you didn’t love me and that I was to stay with them. Then Angie’s daddy tried touching my private parts. Mommy! I don’t want you to get rid of me. I love you mommy!” I clung to her until I fell asleep.

I woke up on the couch and I heard screaming. I heard my mommy yelling at someone. I sat up and looked at where the sound was coming from. I saw red and blue flashy lights and a man standing with his back to the house. I got off the couch and headed to the front door to see what was happening.

“I cant believe you would try to touch a 6 year old boy, let alone my son! I will definitely be pressing charges against you, you sick Assho…”

“Mommy?” I said loud enough to where I would get her attention. She stopped screaming at Angie’s dad and spun around quickly to see me standing there.

She ran over and placed her hands on my shoulder. “Dimitri, baby. I didn’t know you were up. Why don’t you go in and play your Nintendo while mommy finishes up this business here ok, Sweetie? I’ll be in there in a minute and we will have dinner, ok? And daddy will be home in a minute too ok?”

I stood there for a minute and nodded. She kissed my forehead and I went back in the house.

-End of flashback-

“I sat there at that window and watched as the cops arrested Angelique’s dad and put him in the back of the cop car. I heard Angelique crying and her mom too. I didn’t want to see her anymore because I think that she helped plan it.” A single tear slid down his face.

I couldn’t help the tears that ran down my face. And I couldn’t bear to see him crying. My heart broke for him. I reached up and grabbed him in the biggest hug and cried with him. After a minute, I looked up at him and stroked his hair and gave him a light peck on the lips.

He looked at me when we both got shocked. He stared deep into my eyes and for some reason I couldn’t help but stair back into his. He leaned down and kissed me again. When his lips touched mine there was that shock again but it wasn’t as sharp as the first one. But this time, he kept his lips on mine.

My first kiss.