Chapter 31

A/N: What's up guys? I haven't updated for a while because of school and all, but here it is. Fluff!

*Adrien's POV*

Adrien paced back and forth as Marinette went to get the two some punch. It's easy to annoy someone with puns, but how do I ask her to dance? Father, you should've been around more to teach me how to be more of a ladies man. Thankfully you didn't, or else I would end up as cold as you..... Wow, that sounds mean, even to my ears.

Marinette came back with a punch and handed it to him. "Here you go, Adrien," She said with a smile. The loveliest smile in the world... 

He saw Marinette drink some punch and panicked, drinking his as fast as he could, so he wouldn't seem strange. 

Marinette gracefully drank from her cup. Wait, gracefully? How do you even gracefully drink a cup? Out of nowhere, he started coughing.

Marinette stopped and stared at him, "Adrien, are you alright?" Adrien smiled weakly, "Indeed I am, M'lady-Marinette."

"M'Lady-Marinette?" Marinette said with the most amused smile ever, the most beautiful smile ever. "That's new."

"We're a new person every day, Marinette," Adrien said with a soft smile. "A new person every day," Today I'm a new person... I'm acting just like Marinette usually does, the irony. She's making me fall at her feet.

That's when he had it. "Purr-inette Du-purr-ain Cat-cheng," He said. "Would you accompany me to the dance floor?"

"Wait," Marinette said, trying to process the words. "What did you just say?" Adrien smiled and bowed down. "I'm asking Marinette Dupain-Cheng, to dance with me. So what do you think, Princess?"

"I think," She paused for a moment, causing Adrien to become nervous. "Yes, kitty. Let's start dancing!"

*Marinette's POV*

Adrien spun her around a couple of times, and Marinette laughed every time. This was one of the best nights of her life. Adrien Agreste and her, dancing the night away.

A loud boom shook the room and everyone looked out the windows. "Just thunder guys," Alya said, waving everyone off. "Stop being such babies,"

Alya walked over to Marinette, "So Marinette, I hear Adrinette is happening. What do you think?" Marinette glanced at Adrien, who had started talking to Nino right after the thunder hit. They were talking about some sleepover

Marinette blushed, "I-I actually have no idea. I guess it's fine... "

Alya raised a brow, "Fine? Marinette, you were literally in his arms!" Marinette turned a darker shade of red, "Alya!"

"Don't worry," Alya said. Marinette looked at her, confused. "Don't worry about what?"

"Forget about this moment!" Alya exclaimed. "I put in a camera in the corner of the room so the whole dance could be recorded. Plus, Nino and I were talking videos and pictures of you when you were dancing."

"Why weren't you dancing?" Marinette asked. "Because," ALya said, rolling her eyes. "I found out earlier the hard way that Nino isn't good at dancing. My feet have been killed like fifty times, Marinette."

Marinette giggled and suddenly saw Adrien stare at her, his green eyes locking with her blue ones.

"Better leave the lovebirds alone," Alya muttered under her breath. Alya... Marinette thought warningly, shooting Alya a glare.

Alya laughed and walked away with Nino. "Hey, M'Lady, Marinette, Bugaboo, Princess, Ladybug, LB, and bug. What's going on?"

"Did you just call me seven names at once?" Marinette asked annoyed. Adrien nodded with a smile, "I love you seven times more than anybody can love a person."

Marinette died inside for a second, and out came that part of Ladybug. "That was terrible." Marinette said.

"Terrible puns are my thing, Princess," Adrien said with a smile, his green eyes twinkling in amusement.

"Indeed they are," Marinette said with a soft smile. "Indeed they are, Agreste,"

"Let's go outside," Adrien said, pointing to the exit. "Adrien, it's raining outside!" Marinette exclaimed.

Why in the world would he want to go outside when it's raining!

"I have something to show you," Was all he said when he walked toward the doors. And so she followed him.

*Adrien's POV*

Here I am, standing in the rain while Marinette is still under the safety of the roof outside.... how unfair. I guess it's time to begin.

He looked at Marinette and dropped down to one knee, expecting a reaction from her. There was none.

Wait...He thought. Is she silent of joy or silent because she thinks I'm joking? It's probably the latter.

"Marinette Dupain-Cheng," He said. "We've been together thick and thin. We've been partners, friends, weirdos, and now I must ask you one more thing..."

"Will you marry me?" 

Out of nowhere, Marinette started laughing loudly. "That was hilarious Adrien,"

"All to lighten the mood," He responded with a smile. "Lighten the mood for what?" Marinette asked, confused.

"For this," Adrien said and cleared his throat, the rain dripping down his face. "Will you be my friend girl?"

"Friend-girl?" Marinette said, confused. "You said it backwards."

"Just like our relationship," He stated. "Partners, then friends,"

It took a couple of seconds for Marinette to understand what he was saying, she turned slightly red at the marriage reference. She ignored it, though.  

"I will be your friend-girl, Agreste Adrien." She said with a smile.

Time to sneak in another marriage reference. Cause what's better than a moment full of love than with a marriage reference?

Adrien shook his head. "You just ruined it. I don't want your last name to be Adrien. Agreste is a better last name for you."

"Adrien!" Marinette said warningly at the marriage reference as he pulled her toward him. "Adrien!" She yelled again.

I didn't do anything...why did she just yell out my name like a mother wanting to get her child grounded? Not that I ever got to experience that... 

"What?" He asked in bewilderment. "Now my dress is all wet because of the rain!" Marinette exclaimed.

Marinette was overreacting, but it was true. She was covered in water from head to toe.

Adrien started laughing and twirled her around, changing the subject. "I was never much of a normal person." He stated. "Let's dance in the rain."

"In the rain?" Marinette asked, forgetting about the dress.

"In the rain," He repeated. "Afterall, it is good luck for it to rain on your wedding day... I'm just preparing for that."

"Adrien!" Marinette said as she smacked him on the shoulder, turning red. "I love you,"

"And I love you too, My Lady," Adrien replied with a smile. I love you too... 

And so they danced in the rain.

A/N:

Hey! I guess we're done with the story.... Or are we? I'm terrible at epilogues, but I'm willing to put one if you all need it. Do you? Or do you all like this ending? Comment down below.

Epilogue=Yes

Epilogue=No

There will be another official author note at the end of this book.