You can't always get what you want

Hello =) Here's a new story :) I hope you all like it! It's more formal than the others and it takes more time to write so I'll post it once a week or two but the chapters are also longer. Tell whether you like it or not or what you think I should change! Enjoy, vote, camment and fan ^^

Chapter 1

Have you ever felt you were meant to do something big? Something everyone remembered? Well if you had then think about this: We are necessary to the world not because we do big, wonderful deeds, we are necessary because of the little things we do to make others happy, to us can be one tiny bit but for your neighbor it can be their everything. And that's how, seed by seed, day by day, deed by deed and person by person we make the world a better place. That's why I'm here today. I'm here to give a little hope, happiness to someone that gave me everything I needed. Someone that means the world to me and even though this doesn't compares to what he has done for me, I know this little detail will brighten his day.

Right now I'm sitting by his uncomfortable bed, surrounded by white walls, a window and a machine that sounds beep, beep, beep... It's curious how us humans don't know what we have until we're about to lose it. I look at him, his eyes closed, his face peaceful lost in a deep sleep. While waiting for him to wake up I enjoyed a few minutes of silence, something we don't treasure as much as we should. I felt him move and turned to look at him.

"Good morning, little girl" he said, the corners of his mouth tilting up.

"I'm not a little girl anymore Nonno" that's how I called him, because in Italian it meant grandfather, even though he was like a father to me.

"I know, it's just hard to believe twenty two years ago you were a little baby that loved to be with his old grandfather"

"Oh, come on! You're not that old" I said winking and he laughed a raspy laugh that turned into small coughs.

            I worried about him every single day, every second, minute and hour. I took his hand and squeeze it. He looked at me with those mischievous eyes of his and I forced a smile to my face.

"I brought a book, I was planning to read it to you, what do you say?" I asked him.

"What are you waiting for?"

            The book was called Imagine. I unfolded it and began reading...

"Chapter 1: The meeting

            Today was the day. The day my life will change forever. I was behind the curtains already dressed in a tight corset under my peach color gown, it was long sleeved and princess cut, it fell below my feet. My medium-length wavy black hair was loose with a butterfly hairpin on the side. My green eyes were clouded by sadness. Since I was heir to the throne of my kingdom I must marry with someone I don't even know and in two months. I heard the trumpets indicating it was time for my entrance. I took a deep breath and mounted my white unicorn and ordered it to walk through the line between the guards. I kept my head held high and gave little waves smiling slightly.

            I was looking at the crowd when a pair of piercing blue eyes caught my attention. I wasn't able to look at his face but the image of those eyes was craved in my brain. When I got where my parents where I got off of my unicorn and they hugged me. I was mad at them but couldn't show it in public. When I saw who I was marrying to my breath caught in my throat, he was breathtaking! He came up to me smirking and immediately his charm vanished. He took my hand gently and said "Milady" I forced a smile and made a curtsy.

"My name is Ethan Luxemburg" he said

"A pleasure to meet you, I'm Adelaide Rosembergs" I replied politely