Prologue

I'm studying for my math test tomorrow in order to pass the class. Math isn't my strongest subject in school. I barley pass with a C or I would have to take the class again the next year. I just need to finish a few more problems until I'm finished. I would have finished my homework eailer but my sisters keep distracting me.

"Karlie Mom and Dad will be really mad when they find out." I hear my sister Kimberly said behind me.

"Please don't tell them. I didn't tell them about you failing your English test last month. Do me a favor and we can call it even." I hear my other sister Karlie say.

I hear footsteps behind me and I turn to see Karlie about to open the front door.

"Karlie where do you think you are going?!" I yelled and she stopped turning around to look at me.

"Outside. Why do you care Kristine?" Karlie asked annoyed.

"Don't stay out too late. Mom and Dad are going to kill me if they find out I let you outside late at night. It's getting dark already." I said looking outfit.

"I'll be gone for thirty minutes. I just want to hang out with my friend Lily." Karlie said.

"Where does she live?" I ask.

"Just four blocks away and a short cut through that pathway of tree's." Karlie said.

"By the time you get their it will be dark out." I said.

"They won't fine out." Karlie said.

"What if you get hurt and you can't walk back home?" I asked.

"I'll be fine." Karlie said.

"Oh no. You aren't going anywhere without me." I said.

"What?! No!" Karlie yelled in protest.

"Mom and Dad are going to kill us if you come back home late." I said.

"Kristine is right Kar." Kimberly said.

"I'm not telling them." Kariann said.

"Kimberly please don't tell mom and Dad." Karlie begged.

"How about we make a deal. If I walk with you to your friends house before the sun goes down you can hang out with her. If the sun sets before we get to her house we'll walk back home. Deal?" I asked.

"Deal." Karlie said.

We left the house and walked the four blocks and now we are walking through the forest to get to Lily's house. As we stay out later clouds start to form above in the sky.

"I thought you said it was a shot walk through the forest. You know just a block. It seems like we have been waking forever." I said.

"I thought so too. We should have been to her house by now." Karlie said.

"Great now we are lost. We have no idea where we are and Mom and Dad haven no idea we left." I said.

"Let's go back home then." Karlie said and we turned around to head back home.

"We better not stay out too long. Looks like it's about to rain." I said looking up at the sky and the clouds started to get more darker and the wind is starting to pick up. The wind starts to blow harder now and I zip up my coat. "It's freezing." Karlie said.

"Look at that!" Karlie yelled and see's her favorite candy bar lying in the grass.

"What?!" I yelled in shock. How did that get here?