Chapter 1

A young girl wanders throughout the market, her cloak shortly following her. She appeared to be around the age of seventeen, yet she still had a helpless child vibe to her.
"Ah, good morning, Valkyrie, what can I help you with today?" A vendor spoke to the girl.
"Morning! I need 2 apples, 1 carrot, and a handful of secret spices? I dunno, I was sent to do the shopping instead of Lunar," she responded.
"Ah, is she already preparing dinner? She never sends you out," the vendor inquired.
"Yeah, she said she's making that st- AUGH!" Valkyrie felt her necklace snap as it was pulled from her.
"The boss is gonna like this beauty!" A thief held the necklace above his head, mocking Valkyrie.
"How about you give that necklace back to her?" A teenage boy with black hair and a red trench coat walked up to the thief with a smirk on his face.
"And you might you be?" The thief laughed.
"Koji, also known as your worst nightmare." The boy spoke.
"Oh, you're that steampunk bastard the boss told me about. And what are you gonna do if I don't?"
"We can find out the easy way, the hard way. One of which would end with you torn to shreds in this market,"
The thief tried to run with Valkyrie's necklace. Koji ran the opposite direction. A moment later, a red wolf with black markings ran after the theif. The wolf ended up jumping on top of the theif and started to attack. Fangs sinking into the arm of the criminal, claws tearing at the clothes. The necklace fell out of his hand. The wolf stopped attacking, and left. Koji returned a moment later, picking up the necklace. He walked over to Valkyrie and gave it back.
"You gotta keep that thing covered. Dragon eyes are worth a lot on the black market." Koji spoke bluntly, as he walked away.
"Koji, wait!" Valkyrie called.
Koji turned around in response.
"I wanted to thank you, and I was wondering if you wanted to stop by for dinner. It's the least I can do for you after you helped me," Valkyrie offered.
"It was no trouble, and that's quite nice of you. It's been a while since I've had a decent meal."