Chapter 2

"Lunar! I'm home!" Valkyrie called as she walked in the small hut where she lived.
"Ah, Val! Welcome ba-" A girl with with dark violet hair turned to greet Valkyrie with a smile before seeing Koji.
"Lunar, don't freak out. This is Koji, I met him in the market earlier when he saved me," Valkyrie reassured.
"I can see I'm not welcome. I'll leave as soon as possible. Forgive me, Valkyrie," Koji muttered before turning to leave.
"Mister Koji. I would be glad to have you. You just took me by surprise. You see, Valkyrie doesn't bring people over often," Lunar explained while grabbing his sleeve.
Taking a seat, Koji took off his coat. Several cuts and bruises were visible on his arms and body.
"K-koji! Are you okay? Do you need anything? When did this happen? I'll get some bandages!" Valkyrie panicked.
"Don't worry about me. This is from earlier. From that theif. That wolf was me. I guess whoever you bought that Dragon Eye from never told you about its power." Koji stated, pointing at Valkyrie's necklace.
"Dragon Eye? I thought that was just a fairy tale that people could transform with these. And I didn't buy it. It was given to me," Valkyrie questioned how Koji knew what it was, and that he knew more than her.
"Bullshit. Dragon Eyes were given to royalty,"
Lunar seemed to get upset with the conversation.
"Now now, mister Koji. That seems like a stretch. Valkyrie, I would like you to bring mister Koji back to the village. But before you go, Val, I would like to speak to you privately,"