Chapter 7: Proud Kings

Leila put up a good fight, effortlessly dodging its strikes as she kept up her barrage. However, the mental strain caused her to miss a puddle of sweat on the floor. She slipped and collapsed to the floor, fatigue preventing her from moving any further.

Xeim grinned as it raised its axe high... and swung down!

"Leila!" the party screamed to no avail. The huntress could barely keep awake, let alone move.

Boom! Boom!

A black direwolf whisked the huntress away as Xeim was launched upwards and backwards by four rapidly spinning arrows drilling through its shoulders. 

A being of darkness stepped into the hall, the emblem of a howling wolf glowing on his forehead. He nocked arrows into his bow, his cold eyes promising death to his target. "You raised a hand against my guild. Prepare to pay the price..."

His attack came from the Realm Piercing skills he had obtained from the Ferulic quest.

Realm Piercing Technique 1 

Arrows rotate in place, increasing penetration by 50%. Additional 60 Wind damage.

Cost: 300MP

Realm Piercing Technique 2 

Drastically increases draw and arrow speed. Accuracy increases with each shot.

Cost: 500MP

Realm Piercing Technique 3

Aims for the targets' weak points with pinpoint accuracy. High chance of paralysis.

Cost: 600MP

Realm Piercing Technique 4

Increases arrows shot each round by 1. Max number dependent on technique mastery.

Current max: 7

Cost: 1000MP

Realm Piercing Technique 5

Grants full control of all equipped arrows. At high levels, can combine arrows. Mana is consumed to 0. Will absorb health if Mana is below 2000.

Cost: 2000 MP

He named them Drill, Automatic, Hawkeye, Extra Round and Gilgamesh respectively.

"Kashi!" cried the weary warriors, faces bright with relief.

The delf set down his weapon, walked over to Leila who fought to keep conscious, and lifted her gently.

"What took you so long?" she asked through bated breath and a pained smile.

"Sorry. Had to make a few stops. At least you had a good fight. Would have been a short one if I got here earlier," Kashi joked as he set her down close to the entrance. Her eyes closed and her berath evened out as Yuna and the others walked over.

"You guys okay?" Kashi asked.

"Nothing some sleep won't heal," replied Stryke.

Kashi checked with the others. They all had dangerously low HP and MP, but had been smart enough to cease engagement once their bodies ceased to completely obey them. Like Stryke said, some hours of sleep and they would recover most of their health. The more serious injuries could easily be addressed with his first-aid skill.