Chapter 1 (^Michael^)

I open my eyes to see a very pissed off Michael standing over me. We just stare at each other for a while. Then he blinks.

"Ha you lose " I say with a smile.

"Anyone would lose if they had to smell your breath" he  says in response. I kick him in leg and he utters a yelp.

"Where is everyone?" I start to look at the different pallets and there is only 1 body.

James

He rarely leaves the base unless we ask him to go with someone. He's the type of person to get out the shower to pee. Weird right, but that explains him. He's too shy for his own good. Aiyden and I met him a year ago in a book store running from 3 zombies or what we call them, biters. He had a weapon but for some reason didn't want to use it. We clearly helped him and took him under our wing and it turns out he's REALLY smart. Like he was in college classes in the 10th grade. And the down side to his smartness is that he's all brains and no muscle.

"Hey James, what would you like for breakfast??" I ask James since Michael isn't in the room anymore.

"Whatever you uh make is um fine... I guess" he says without making eye contact. Do you know how hard it is to talk to someone who doesn't look at you? I'm basically talking to a brick wall. But since I'm the only person who even bothers to cook something warm for breakfast, lunch, and dinner I'm the chef. I also ration the food since everyone else wants to be lazy when we run out of food too fast. I guess you could say I'm the most important member. I wasn't always apart of a group. It used to be me and Aiyden. Then we met Micheal,Emma, and James. Unspokengly we made Micheal leader. He was the only on willing to make the hard decisions and I guess we just stuck with it because he's never been challenged or over talked.

"Were back!" I hear a high pitched voice say. Emma, she's the worst of the worst. But she's an amazing hunter and tracker. We definitely needed her. Aiyden came in with her. I guess they just got back from scavenging. I wonder what they brought back this time.

"What did you find today??" Micheal asks. Did I mention he's a good leader. I mean he's only aggressive to new people so they feel intimated by him. But other than that he's a great leader.

"We have 10 water bottles, 4 cans of beans, and a bag of rice. We al-" Aiyden started to say but was cut of by Emma.

" We?? I found the building. On the way back I saw an IKEA warehouse type of place. I think you guys could check it out tomorrow since it'll be your turn" Emma says before she does a dramatic hair flip and leaves. I really don't like her but I really wanna survive. I guess in school when they said you'll have to work with someone you dont like I didn't think they ment you'll have to live with them too. But I guess that's what happens when biters take over.

~~~The next morning~~~~

I'm making everyone rice out of a used can of beans. Emma is taking us to the Warehouse because she's the one who found it. So Emma,Micheal, and I go and grab our weapons. Emma has her baseball bat, Micheal has guns on his belt loop and I have my bow and arrows. We walk towards the Ware house and notice that the doors are locked. We don't wanna break them so we can use then to our advantage when the need arrives. We walk around the building until we find a window low enough for us to climb through and we break it.

Once we get in there are rows and rows of stuff. The first thing we see are buggies. I guess we need these. Micheal and I grab one and Emma keeps walking not paying attention. She walks off but then comes back with 6 backpacks. These will come in handy.

"We only need 5 Emma, we don't have time for extra luggage" I tell her. Unless she wants to run around with dead weight and get caught by a biter. She gives me a dirty look and throws a backpack behind her. We all listen waiting for the backpack to make a sound but instead we hear an awfully familiar grown. Emma turns and smacks it dead in the head. It falls to the ground in an instant.

"Thats was to close. We need to keep our voices down and listen to our surroundings" Micheal says above a whisper. I did my head in response and look at Emma. She just rolls her eyes and keeps walking. Everyone splits up and starts looking for things that may be useful. I use to have a dog and thankfully she died before all of this started. But I still remember all the toys she use to have and how bad the food smelled. I walk down the pet isle. I know nothing here is going benefit my group but I just want one thing to feel normal or familiar. I look at at the food shelf and there's a gap. With a girls face in it.

Wait

I look back to make sure I wasn't seeing things and there she was. I drew my weapon and pointed at her. She held up a gun. We both started walking backwards in surrender. Past the girl walking backwards I see Emma holding her bat. I shake my head no with out saying a word. Emma looks at me and smirks. She whacks the girl and she slumps to the ground holding a bag of........catfood?