Chapter 46

"I don't want to go home ."
"Callie, you have to go home ." I was sitting on the couch in the vamps house talking to Brad . The other boys went out to go and get some food .
"Why can't I just live here ?"
"Because they have custody over you ."
"Maybe I can ask her to let me live here . She knows how miserable I am there ."
"Think about it . Do you really want to leave your family and start over?.... Okay that was a pretty stupid question ."
"Yes it was . I'm gonna go call my mom ."
"Be nice ."
"I'll try ." I got up off the couch and went to the backyard .
It took about 5 calls before she actually answered her phone .
"Hello ."
"Mom I have something to ask you ."
"Ok go ahead ."
"So I've been thinking lately that I just can't live there anymore ."
"So where are you gonna live ?"
"Here with brad ."
"We won't ever see you !"
"I can come home during Christmas break and summer . Mom please . I want to start over ."
"If you promise to do good in school and to come here during Christmas and to talk to us at least 3 times a week ."
"I promise ."
"Okay let me talk to brads parents and I'll get back to you ." I gave her their number and then hung up the phone .
I opened up the sliding glass door and walked back into the house .
"What did she say ?"
"She said she wanted your parents number and she made me promise her 3 things ." I sat down on the couch in between brad and Connor .
"What were those three things ?"
"I do good in school, come back for Christmas and call them at least 3 times a week ."
"That's not bad ."
"Yeah I know . But that probably means I have to go to an actual school ."
"Yeah . What's wrong with that ?" I've never told brad that I didn't go to a school or why I left .
"Nothing ."
"There's something wrong with it . You're not very good at lying ."
"I'm not lying ."
"Ok I'll just call Nash and ask him ."
"No don't call Nash . I don't want him to know yet ."
"Then just tell me why school is a problem ."
"Later . I'm kinda tired ."
"You didn't even eat ."
"I'm not hungry ."
"Callie, eat ."
"Brad I'm not hungry ." He put a hamburger from McDonald's in my lap .
"I know what you're doing . You have to eat something ."
"Why couldn't you have been a girl?"
"Cause I was born with a-"
"Don't say it ."
"A penis ."
"I hate you ." I opened up the hamburger and took a bite .
"I know . Finish the burger and then maybe you can go to sleep ."
"Why are you such an asshole ?"
"Well at least it's not us this time ." Connor whispered to Tristan .
"It will be you next time and it won't be Brad being an asshole ."
"Okay I'm kinda scared ."
"You should be ." I finished my burger and went to go throw the trash away . When I came back all four of them were on the couch so I jumped and laid down on their laps .
"Get off of me ." My feet landed in Tristan's face and when he pushed them off the lower half of my body went with my feet, I almost fell off the couch but James caught me by putting his arm over my stomach . He helped me sit up which meant his hand where on my waist and my butt on his lap .
"Thanks ." My face got really hot .
"No problem ."
"Hands off my sister James ."
"Sorry dude ." James lifted his hands from my waist and I got up .
"Mom says she wants us on a train tomorrow to go to Devon ."
"I really hate the trains ."
"You'll get used to it ." I walked towards the stairs and stopped mid way .
"I need to get my stuff from the hotel."
"Ok let's go ." James stood up from his spot and grabbed his keys . I followed him out the front door and to his car .
"It was bullying wasn't it ?"
"What ?"
"That's why school is a problem ."
"Yeah but I don't really want to talk about it ."
"Ok ."
-
"Do you want me to come in with you ?"
"Yes please ." We both got out of the car and walked into the hotel .
When we got to the hotel room it was empty and I was happy . I packed up all my things scattered around the room and left a note for Nash on his door . I told him where I was going to be and I he need more info to call mom and that i still love him .
"Okay we can go ." He grabbed my suitcase and went into the elevator .
-
"Callie, wake up . We have to catch our train ."
"Go away ." I swung at brad and he moved away from my bed . I flipped over and pulled the covers over my head . Next thing I know I'm soaking wet and brad is standing over the bed with a empty bucket .
"Brad !" I got out of bed quickly and chased him out of my room and down the stairs .
"Don't hurt me !" He ran into the kitchen and his behind Tristan .
"I want to ! You fucking threw water on me !"
"Callie." James came up behind me . "I can see your bra ."
"I don't care . I just want to hurt brad."
"Don't hurt my baby ." Tristan wrapped his arms around brad .
"There won't be a baby to hold when I get out of the shower ."
"I'm sorry ." I turned around and went back up the stairs to take a shower .
-
"Brad ! Where did you put my gators sweatshirt ?"
"Your what ?"
"My blue sweatshirt with the gator on he front ."
"Oh I think I put it in James's room ."
"Why the hell would you put it in there ?"
"Cause I was showing it to him and I guess I left it in there ." I walked out of the room I shared with brad at the moment and into James's room . His door was open so I just walked straight in .
"There it is ."
"What ?" I walked over to the edge of his bed and grabbed my sweatshirt . "Oh that . Yeah brad left that in my room last night ."
"I know . Did you not here me screaming to him ?"
"Nope . I've learned to toon them all out ."
"That's a good idea ."
"Yeah it's not easy tho ."
"I've realized . I'll see you tomorrow."
"Bye ." I walked out and put on my sweatshirt while I walked down the stairs .
"You ready ?" He grabbed his keys and I followed him out the door .
"Yeah I guess ." I put my good over my head cause of course it would be raining .
-
"Callie !" My brith mom wrapped me into a big hug and wouldn't let me go for about 2 minutes .
"Sorry I'm all wet ."
"It's alright sweetie . It's raining pretty hard out there ."
"Yeah it is and brads not very fast ."
"Hey ! I'm really fast !" He started running around the living room .
"I run faster than that !"
"Show me ."
"I'm not going to make a fool of my self ." We all laughed at his face of embarrassment .
"So Callie, since you're gonna be living with us that means we have to get you a room ."
"Yeah I guess so ."
"We're gonna turn the spare room into your room and you can decorate it however you want to ."
"Oh yay !"
"School starts in 3 weeks ."
"Way to kill the mood brad ."
"I try ."
-
We spent the rest of the day talking about memories and the past so that we could get to know each other better since I was going to be living with them . They were really nice people but they weren't crazy like my family, as far as I know . I would miss my family but I don't think I could live there anymore . It's to much .
I was laying in bed and listening to music and thinking about what my new life is going to be like . That was until Shawn's cover of skyscraper came on .
I miss him more than anything but seriously every time I'm with another guy he gets so jealous and thinks I'm cheating . I can't have guy friends unless I wanted him to worry . It just wouldn't work .
"I curled up into a ball on the bed and cried my eyes out .
"Callie ?" I lifted my head up and brad was sitting on the edge of the bed . "What's wrong ?"
"This damn cover ."
"Oh it's shawn ." He grabbed my phone and turned off the music and Shawn's amazing voice .
"I miss him ."
"I know . I know ." He pulled me into his arms and rubbed my back while I cried . "Maybe you guys just need some time apart ."
"We'll have a lot more than some . I don't plan on seeing him during Christmas ."
"That's a good idea ."
"Turn on she was the one ."
"So you can cry more ? Nope ."
"Please brad . It's my favourite ."
"How about high hopes ?"
"No . I want she was the one ."
"Not happening ." He took my phone and turned on dangerous from his album .
"I think I'm gonna quit YouTube ."
"Start over ?"
"With my life . Yes ."