Dear Emma (Prologue)

PROLOGUE

Jacob...

I couldn't help but wonder what things would've been like for meif I hadn't gone to that place that my mom called our home. Yeah,I know, I should've run away and just continued my peaceful liferather than throw myself into the boiling pot of bullshit that cameinto my life like a slap in the face. In other words, a reality check.

Kung hindi ako umalis sa buhay kong tahimik...

I'd probably be married by now with a child on the way and a simplehouse na pinangarap kong itayo para sa magiging pamilya ko. Or I'dbe busy as a bee working for an engineering firm in the UK, evenwithout my mom's help.

I was having trouble with my first business venture and plano kona sana siyang sukuan, but my mother told me that I should neverrun away from my problems and that I should start facing them nomatter how daunting or painful they may be.

Still, that didn't warrant the use of the word "bullshit"—but thisdoes: a few months after she gave me that advice, she must'verealized that running away is the best way to save yourself fromthe harsh realities of life, including heartache.

My mother died ofcancer.

As far as "facing my problems" goes, only one woman ever mademe come close to doing so...

The pain in my ass...

The ugliest woman I've ever met...

The heart of my painful reality that wrecked my soul...

The love of my life...before my brain fuck it all up