l for learn

"So one chocolate frap. Would you like to order my number too?"

Phillipa resised the urge to roll her eyes at the cashier.

It was almost halfway through just another week of the year, and she was exhausted. Broadway was coming for her whether she liked it or not, and she didn't think she was ready. New choreography, new lyrics, new costumes... It was all so bizzarre yet tiring.

"Sorry bro, but I'm taken." She lied, handing in her money before walking away to an empty seat to wait for her order. It wasn't like she didn't like guys flirting with her —not much do, really, because she'd usually stop them before they even start— but she just wasn't interested. The only guy she was interested in was quite busy and, well... not single.

Pippa would always laugh whenever she'd get to see him, much to his corny jokes. He was such a ray of sunshine; so sweet, funny and chill. But the feeling of interest eventually subsided when he took a sudden interest in Jasmine. It was clear that Anthony was head over heels for her, so, knowing that he just wasn't for her, Pippa took a step back and played matchmaker. She was satisfied with the result though, because from what she had seen around rehearsals, Jazzy and Ant were really meant to be together.

I'm such a hopeless romantic, she thought, sighing before she stood up to claim her now ready drink at the counter. It's just me and my frap as usual.

The Starbucks she was at was not too far from where she'd rehearse Hamilton (thankfully), so as she sipped her drink, she proceeded to walk towards her destination. Music from different musicals blared through her earphones. She hummed along to them, hoping that if Hamilton were to become a complete success, she could hear her own voice in the Best of Broadway playlist she was listening to right now.

She spotted a familiar figure a few feet ahead of her. When she got a clear view of his shoulder-length hair, she laughed as she realized who he was. The one and only Lin Miranda was listening to some tunes as well through his headphones, and she could see him bobbing his head to the music. Probably some rap music as usual, Pippa thinks, moving past many pedestrians to catch up with him.

She had only caught up with him when they had entered the building, and she was wide-eyed when Lin suddenly went up and hugged someone she didn't know. Feeling slightly embarassed, she discreetly walks past them and proceeded to the rehearsal area.

"Still taken?"

Pippa sighed. So far, Wednesday was just the same as Tuesday. She was back in Starbucks and was already having none of this day.

She simply nodded at the man and left with her drink.

"You could let it go... Stay alive for me," She sang as she walked, remembering some of the lyrics of the cut songs. She was used to the newest version of the songs now, but she missed the old ones too.

"Let it go, live to fight another day," A voice behind her sang and she immediately registered it as Lin's. She smiled, waving at him as he started to walk along with her.

"Can't believe you still remember the lyrics," He said and proceeded to drink his coffee. It always woke him up.

"Of course I still remember. It's your lyrics after all," She reminded him, earning an eye roll in reply. She laughed and took a sip of her drink. "Anything new today, boss?"

"New choreography for everyone to learn. Andy is probably gonna go beast mode on this one."

"What song—"

"Yorktown."

"I see."

He chuckled, shaking his head. His hair was down again for today, flowing freely in the wind. As Pippa took some glances at the man beside her, she couldn't help but admire him. He's down-to-earth, a genius, and even she admits, handsome. He was overall a great guy. But she couldn't like him that way, could she? He was her costar and technically, her boss!