t w o

Chloe found herself surprised at how fast time passed, she'd been expecting the drive to feel like hours, but it wasn't long until Lucifer was pulling up to the mansion. A dissatisfied frown crossing his face when he had to wait for a valet. Lucifer was used to receiving special treatment, being in front of the line, getting the best parking spot but here, he was like any other person.

Tapping his fingers impatiently against the steering wheel, Chloe smirked over at him in amusement. The blonde twisting the mirror towards hernso she could check her make-up. Lucifer glanced over at her, his eyebrow raised as she gave herself a once over, ensuring everything was as still perfect.

"I assure you, Detective. You'll be the most beautiful woman in the facility."

Lucifer's words brought her pale blue eyes to his ancient brown ones - she was glad to be wearing blush already, knowing Lucifer enjoyed watching Chloe fluster under his compliments. Chloe shot him a loving smile, his words giving her a slight boost in confidence. It wasn't every case they had to go undercover and she rarely had to appear as though she was a millionaire. Chloe looked away, chewing her lip before she spoke up, watching as Lucifer grew impatient at the queue to get his car parked up.

"Do I have to speak British? I mean, do we have a backstory? Did we meet in England? Do I act spoilt? You're the expert." Chloe rambled, Lucifer letting out a gentle chuckle understanding she was asking for advice.

"Just be yourself, love. I doubt we'll be spoken to much in there and besides, if we are then I'll talk and you can keep me in line like always."

They smiled at one another, knowing his words were the truth. Chloe had to keep him from throwing people around on a daily basis, even when she thought they'd deserved it. The pair snapped out of their trance when a young boy, around his late teens cleared his throat, snatching both of their attention.

"Your car, Sir?" The boy asked politely.

Lucifer glared at him, making himself look threatening ensuring that the young boy listened to his every word, letting him know it wasn't simply a threat.

"If I leave this party and I find my keys missing from the key holder, or my car trashed I will find you and you'll get the punishment you dese—"

"Lucifer!" Chloe scolded, feeling awkward noticing how frightened the boy was. Chloe snatched the keys from Lucifer's hand and held them out to the boy. "All we're saying is take care of the car, please."

The boy nodded quickly, sweat beading on his forehead, taking the keys and stepping aside so that Lucifer and Chloe could get out of the car. Lucifer rushed out, eager to open the door for Chloe who smiled gratefully, bobbing her head as a thank you. Lucifer shot the boy one more glare before he headed towards the front entrance that lit up like a tree on Christmas.

Lucifer kept up a steady pace beside the detective, walking close enough that their hands brushed with every passing step. Chloe gnawed the inside of her cheek, noticing all the other couples were linking arms with one another as they headed through the double doors.

"Um, Lucifer. I-I think we need to..." Chloe gestured between them, raising a confused eyebrow at her, puzzled.

The devil soon realised what she meant when he noted the other couples, seeming a little nervous. The dark haired man clearing his throat, before holding out his arm.

"Right. Yes, of course." Lucifer noted, Chloe offered him a small smile, slipping her arm through his, her tree hand holding his upper arm mimicking the other couples. Lucifer glanced around, scoffing. "What did I tell you, you're a vision. I wouldn't be surprised if this Charlie person makes a pass on you."