Chapter 17.

Chloe had completely forgotten about the plans Ella had arranged for friday night, even though Ella specifically told her not to forget; the woman had other things on her mind. Lately she'd been wanting to tell Lucifer how she feels, it's been four years of her knowing him - meaning four years of her love growing stronger for him, and yet he still had no idea.

The blonde was too deep in her own thoughts to acknowledge the fact that Lucifer and Azreal had just waltzed in unannounced.

"Detective, surely you're not wearing that, I don't think it exactly screams 'I'm here to party'."

Chloe startled, the magazine she had slightly open on her lap sliding onto the floor before she had time to save it. A frown formed on her face as she glared in Lucifer's direction. But unlike her, he had a knowing smirk playing on his face.

"My, my, Detective. Ella would be disappointed to hear you'd forgotten her birthday." The grin on his face couldn't be wiped off, he was thrilled to have an opportunity to tease Chloe.

"I - I didn't forget," Chloe denied, not wanting to let Lucifer have something to hold over her. "I just didn't know what to wear, I was thinking maybe...maybe Azreal could help?"

Lucifer scoffed. "She can barely dress decent herself."

Azrael shoved Lucifer a little too hard, almost knocking the man into Chloe's side, the brunette letting out a loud laugh in victory as Lucifer fixed his suit, straightening it as though she'd ruined it.

"Oh how I love being stronger than you, brother. Of course I can help you, Chloe, I'll have you grabbing everyone's attention. Maybe mine included."

Azreal shot a wink Chloe's way, making Chloe give an uneasy laugh glancing towards Lucifer. It wasn't that Chloe didn't find Azael attractive; it was just the simple fact that she was madly in love with her brother.

"No funny business Azrael or you'll have me to see to," Lucifer gave his sister a stern look as though she knew what he was getting at. Chloe was his, if Azrael went after her he'd gladly show her not to get on his bad side. Favourite sister or not. "I shall wait outside for you, don't be too long."

With that Lucifer sent Chloe one last smile before turning on his heel and heading out the door.

Chloe cleared her throat, eyes locking with Azrael's. "So um, let's go see what I have in my wardrobe."

***

Everything Azreal has suggested Chloe had politely shot down, it wasn't that she hated Azrael's outfit choices just simply that it wasn't her style. Although Azrael did have a secret talent for make-up, which made sense all those years up in Heaven with nothing to do, you're bound to pick up some skills.

Chloe locked up the apartment, testing the door more than twice to make sure that she'd locked it properly. She didn't want to risk the chance of anyone breaking in whilst she was away for a few hours. It was always a hidden fear of hers, someone breaking into a place where she feels safe, destroying the idea of her home being safe and having to be afraid that you're not safe anymore. It scared her, especially when most weekends now she lived by herself. What with Maze always out doing whatever.

"Do I look alright?"

Azrael eyed the small woman beside her up and down, and bit her lip. "You look great, Decker. As much as I think my outfit choices would've made you look even better."

"Your outfit choices were a little too...edgy for me, Azrael." Chloe laughed lightly, flashing back to the fishnet leggings and biker skirt she put on her.