Chapter 12: A Surprise for My Cole

Seth and I jumped back as Jason lower his gun, handcuffing Joseph and taking him back outside.

"Mr. Morton," said Jason, tightening his wrists.

"You are under arrest for the murder of Miles. Anything you say will be used against you-"

Meanwhile, Shelia asks him what was going on.

"Your husband is a pedophile," I answer coldly.

Shelia shakes her head furiously, telling the cops that it is a lie.

"Joseph would NEVER do this!" she declared.

"He is a kind-hearted man, he is a soldier, for pete's sake!"

That's when Seth raise his eyebrow.

"Until, he was discharged for drinking on the job." he explained, gesturing Joseph, who is glaring down at his feet.

"The neighbors told me that he was arrested for drunk driving, while you were calling your charity friends for a sleepover."

But despite telling her his crimes, Shiela still shakes her head.

"He wouldn't hurt Miles," she insists. "He is a good man."

Immediately, my angry words begin to spit out.

"Open your eyes, Shelia!" I shouted.

"He's the one who took a picture of Miles, naked in a bathtub, and post it on a child pornography site!"

For proof, I showed her Joseph's phone.

"For your safety, look at the contents." I urged.

The criminal stops looking at his feet, and glares at me.

"How do you know my password?" he demanded.

"That is private!"

Calmly, I turn around and gave him a triumphant smile.

"Irene Adler gave it to me," I explained, earning a couple strange looks from officers.

"She saw through your disguise, and sent me a password to decrypt."

"Now, you are going to shut up, and let this fine gentleman take you to an exotic place called prison."

Two days after the cops arrested Joseph, his wife was tried, later found guilty for child neglect and was sent to prison, where she will carry her guilt in a three by five prison cell.

Other than that, the charity board kicked her out, and her foster license have been revoked.

The news praised the anonymous consultants, as well as the police, for apprehending the criminals.

I would have accepted the praise, but right now, my thoughts remained on my detective girlfriend.

While Seth chatted with his friends on the phone, I decided to do what loyal boyfriends do: buy vanilla latte from Dunkin Doughnuts, and make myself presentable.

Mom believes that coffee is a better option than flowers.

"Flowers can never bring a girl happiness," she would say.

She believes that flowers are nothing, but a  cliche.

"Her favorite coffee and being yourself can."

Taking a deep breath, I went over to Cole's house with a warm coffee cup in my hands, and knock at the door.

My heart fluttered when the knob turned silently.