1

In my eyes, you are nothing. You can be anything you want to be. Why, because I'm blind. Also, because I have never been outside my house before and I don't have any idea what it's like out there. The only three people in this world that I really know are my mom and my best friend, Jaden who lives next door and I rarely see because she's at school most of the time, and my brother Matt who is in the army. You may be asking, "Oh, but what about you're dad? And who are you exactly?" Well, to answer question #1, my dad left my mom when I was born because I was blind. To answer question #2, I am Meagan! It's almost the end of summer and I really want to go to public school for high school!!!! Oh, I forgot to mention, I will be a freshman this fall in high school and I really want to go to a public school! Molly and I (who have been spending most of summer brainstorming ideas on how we can get Mom to say yes) really want to go to high school together! "I don't get what the big deal is Mom," I say after Molly leaves. "Molly will be there, she can get the same schedule as me and then lead me around!"  "No!" Mom says, "I have told you that multiple times and you still keep asking! How many times do I have to say it? NO, NO, NO! It's way to dangerous for you, as a blind person to go out there, especially in a high school!" I sigh and give up. There is nothing else I can say. She said no and I guess no is final.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 
         It's night time now and I just had dinner. I'm sitting on my bed when I hear a knock on the window. I grab my stick and move toward the direction of the window. "Hello?" I say. "Hi!" Says Molly, "I'm sorry I scared you, but I wanted to find out if you can go. Well, can you?"  "Well,-" I started to say, but got cut off. By my mom. "Honey, I changed my mind... you need to get out of the house sometime. It's not like you'll be living here forever. So, as long as you and Molly can both be in the same classes, then yes, you can go!" "Looks like I'm going to public school!" I say as Molly squeals.   

Hey! Do you like the story so far?
                         ❤️Wildflower