Chapter 3

7 Days later…….

Christmas break had been like every other. My dad got beyond drunk and beat me every day while I did nothing to celebrate Christmas, since I didn’t want to risk making my dad even more angry. When I arrived at school the next week, I still got bullied. At lunch, I was eating by myself when my ex-best friend “accidentally” dumped her smoothie on my head. I ran to the only person who could comfort me; Harry. With tears running down my face, I knocked on his office door. He opened it and his eyes widened.

“Caroline? What happened?” He asked in alarm.

I shook my head as more tears spilled down my face.

“Right, stupid question,” he said.

He looked at my hair and my ruined clothes before letting out a sigh.

“Right, you’re coming to my flat with me so you can clean up,” he said.

“I don’t want to be a burden,” I said.

“You could never be! It’s my pleasure,” he said.

Harry led me out to his car and we climbed in before driving to his flat in downtown London. As we walked through his front door, I took in the elegance of his flat.

“This is amazing,” I said in awe.

“Thank you,” he said with an amused expression while throwing his keys on the counter.

Harry gave me a pair of sweatpants and a t-shirt before showing me where the guest shower was.

“Take as long as you want. I’ll make us some tea,” he said.

I thanked him before heading to the bathroom and climbing in the shower. After finishing and throwing on the borrowed clothes, I quickly towel dried my hair before walking out into the living room. Harry was sat on the couch, checking his phone with two cups of tea sitting on the coffee table. He looked up and smirked as he took in my appearance. As I sat down next to him, he handed me a cup of tea.

“Thank you,” I said gratefully.

“You’re welcome. So was it the bullying again?” He asked.

“Yeah, just like it always is,” I said sadly.

He looked at me sadly.

“But enough about me; why were you crying the day before break?” I asked.

I saw him tense up and instantly regretted asking.

“I’d rather not talk about it,” he said quietly.

“Please tell me,” I urged.

“No!” He said angrily.

My blood pressure rose and I stood up.

“So I share every personal detail about my life, but when I want to help you, you keep secrets!” I yelled.

He stood up with his jaw tensed.

“Fine! I’m in love with someone who will never love me back!” He yelled.

My heart dropped at the thought of him with someone else, but I replied, “Just tell them!”

Before I knew what was happening, his hands wrapped around the back of my neck and he crashed his lips to mine.