Chapter 3- Hello, Goodbye

..."Hello, girls. You may stay for approximately 30 minutes, unless you are dismissed early. Have fun," said a huge security guard in front of the green room. He opened the door and there we were. Paige looked at me with wide eyes. I could tell she was trying very hard not to scream.

"Hi, girls. How'd you like the concert," asked Harry with a smile.

"Oh it was awesome," Paige yelled before I even had time to process the question.

"Oh, I'm glad," replied Harry, apparently unfazed by her outburst. "So what brings you two here?"

"I am a HUGE directioner," yelled Paige, once again before I could say anything.

"That's what I like to hear! So what are your names?"

"Paige! And th-this is Katie."

"Hi," I said quietly.

"How are you tonight, Katie," Louis asked as he walked toward me.

"Oh, um, good," I replied, as I noticed Paige staring open-mouthed at Niall.

"I must say, you are quite beautiful," he said.

"Th-tha-thank you, Louis. You're not too bad yourself," I replied gleefully.

"So, uh, what do you do for fun," he asked me. He actually seemed kind of nervous! I blushed at the thought.

"Well, I'm in choir. I love to sing. And, well, I really like hanging out with friends too. Paige is one of my best friends. And trust me, she isn't always like this," I babbled. I mentally hit myself in the face after this long, unnecessary soliloquy.

"So you sing? I'd love to hear something," Louis said adorably.

"Um, I don't-"

"Yea, come on Katie," shouted Paige. "She's actually really good!"

"Katie! Katie! Katie," the boys were all chanting, along with Paige.

"Um, okay, I guess. Maybe I'll sing, uh... 'Fool to Love You'?

"Yes! I love John Mayer," said Liam.

"Okay." And then I started singing my heart out. I was really embarrassed, but tried not to show it. When I sang 'Fool me once, shame on you. Twice, it's shame on me. But fool me for the rest of my life, and I'm as happy as a broken girl can be,' I think maybe Louis got a couple tears in his eyes. But I think his contacts were probably just bothering him. I finally finished the song, after what seemed like an eternity of awkwardness.

"Wow. That was so good," said Niall.

"Oh, uh, thank you," I replied sheepishly.

"Hey, can I, uh, talk to you for a minute," Louis whispered to me.

"Um, sure."

He led me out of the green room and put his hand on the wall, right next to my head.

"Hey. I just wanted to tell you, that was amazing. I was just wondering... could I have your number?"

"Yea, sure." I scribbled down my number on a piece of paper that he miraculously had stashed away in his pocket. And it was just in time, because the big security guard came back to usher Paige and me out.

"So... WHAT HAPPENED WITH YOU AND LOUIS," Paige shouted once she thought the boys were out of earshot, though I'm pretty sure everyone in the tri-state area could hear her.

"Nothing, he just, uh, ASKED FOR MY NUMBER!!!!"

"OHMIGOD NO WAY!!!!!"

"YES WAY!!!"

"Alright, if he texts you, I may die," she said while jumping up and down.

...to be continued