May 20th, 2003 (WIP)

Dear Diary, Today I discovered a new sensation. It occurred while I sat beside Zoe in her penthouse. As I sat next to Zoe, something grew inside me... a feeling that I didn't know how to explain. I felt a warmth in my heart, it felt unnatural. I wanted to hug her more, have her hold me close in her arms but at the same time, I wanted to run back home and forget the experience. I am still unsure what it is called.. but I know it is unfamiliar, odd. What if I make a mistake and have to spend the rest of my life all alone?

I still remember the words she told me right before I set off for the room next door. We locked eyes, our noses almost touching.  Then in her calm, soothing voice she whispered," If you need anything, I'm here for you. Okay Sarah?"

I felt my face burn up and I just looked back at her," T-thank you, Zoe," that was all I could say. I could feel my heart beating so fast that I was sure Zoe could see it popping out of my dress. She gave me another hug which I embraced and then we said goodbye.

One thing that caught me off guard, she took my pale hand in hers and handed me 100 yen. Honestly, I almost cried as I pushed the money back into her warm hands," I-I can't...".

"Take it, you deserve this for all you do for your community. I talked to some locals and they told me that you clean the town everyday, and that you rarely get paid. This is the least I can give you." Her expression was solemn, giving me a warm smile as she placed the yen back in my hand. She even held my hand tightly, enclosing the yen in my fist,"Arigato." 

I gave her a polite bow, tears filling my eyes,"Arigato," I couldn't help myself, I gave Zoe another hug before I left the room.