Amnesia

I opened my eyes slowly.
Wait.
This isnt my room.
Where am i?
Panic sets in as i look around, but my head is refusing to turn much.
I slowly bring my strangely heavy arms up and rest my hands on my forehead. Then i bring my arms down and push my upper body off of the... uh.... why cant i remember the name of this thing?
Night... sleep... thing?
What the heck?
I look around the room, trying to find something farmilliar. Something to assure my sanity.
Okay.
A window!
A pice of glass is fixed in the center of the wall on the right.
A window.
Okay, now what.
A large thin black box is perched in the top corner of the room, next to the window.
No...
Something made out of metal tubing and cushions is underneath the black box. Theres three in the room, actually.
Three! So i can still count!
... right?
I think.
One under the box, one next to my... whatever im sat on... and one next to the one next to what im sat on...
One two three.
It comes to easy to not be right.
...Right?
I sigh.
Okay, next.
Theres a white square... er... rectangle... in front of me. Shiny, with colored writing on it.
It must be in a different language than i was taught, cause i cant understand any of it.
Am i in a foregin country?
How did i even get here?
WHAT THE HECK AM I SITTING ON.
I took a deep shakey breath, closing my eyes for a moment, and continued looking around the room.
To the left there was a door.
Okay, remembered that.
A wide, light brown wooden door with a shiney metal handle.
Finally, as my head finished its way around my room, my eyes landed on a machine right next to me. It was so loud, how did i not notice it till now?
A dull panic re placed itself in my stomach.
This place... it looked farmilliar... but something about it was just.......
Off.
Wrong.
The room looked... right.
Farmilliar although i couldnt figure out what this room was.
I just knew that i wasnt supposed to be here.
There were several tubes jutting out of the machine, one leading to a clear plastic bag hanging on a hook. Three led to the sleve of my.... shirt?
Dress... i think.
Whatever, they led into my sleve.
I placed my hand on chest.
I feel sticker-like things on my chest, with the tubes taped to them.
Then there was one last one leading to my arm, punctured into it and kept in place by tape.
The strange panic sets it again.
I dont like this thing in my arm, but something tells me i should not try to pull it out.
I sigh again, now realizing how tired i am.
I lie on my back and stare at the to-white ceilling. I pull the thin blanket up over me to block out the light.
Suddenly i hear a noice.
A thump and a creak, and several small taps. A voice is talking softly,
"-ghteen, vitals check, time 2:58-"
The voice cut off.
After a moment and some woosh sounds, the voice re appears.
"A-addaline?"
I dont move.
Not because im scared, but my heads starting to hurt and i just got comfy.
Suddenly i feel contact to my skin.
I jump and push the blanket off my face, scooting to the edge of the... ugg! Why cant i remember that stupid wo-
"Addaline! Er, ms. Matlin. Your awake."
She cuts off my thougts.
She looks a bit frazzled, and quite stunned.
Did i do something?
"Umm, how.. are you feeling?"
I blink.
Then i blink again.
She blinks.
"M-ms. Matlin?"
Was that me?
I scrunched my eyebrows slightly.
"Uh-... oh do....oooooooh..... you...um...."
She looks to the door.
"Ill be right back."
She rushed out of the room, leaving me alone again.

(This was an attempt at writing from the perspective of a girl who got amnesia from a really bad accident.

I dont know what the accident was.

I dont know what i wanted to happen next.

I wrote this, like, a month ago.

I have no idea what im doing!)