II

Seto's home wasn't far from the funeral home, which was really upsetting, actually. He saw almost every week a whole line of cars pile in, another death in a happy family. No one deserved to look at a family member's corpse. Or their picture.

Seto sighed as he walked into his home, holding back tears for his departed friend. "Don't worry, buddy, I'll figure out who did this to you." He said aloud in his empty house. "But who did it?" He wanted an answer that wouldn't come.

Then, as if he actually did get an answer, there was a knock on his door. "It's nearly midnight!" He groaned quietly, walking to the door. He pulled it open with a little too much force. He jumped back as it swung open and hit the wall inside his home.

He looked around outside but no one was there. He frowned, annoyed that he must have gotten ding-dong-ditched. He turned to grab his door and a blast of cool air pushed into his house beside him. It was gone as quickly as it came.

He shivered and shut the door and locked it, feeling a little unsettled. It was weird.. like someone had come inside. There was knocking towards the back of the house. 'They must've gone around.' He thought, walking to the back door and sliding the glass door open. Once again, no one was there. He shut the door and locked it, closing the curtain along with it.

Scraping proceeded on the walls near his bathroom.
"H-hello?" He squeaked, unable to hide the fear creeping up on him. The scraping stopped. Now it was tapping on glass, still near his bathroom. Whatever it was, it was in the bathroom. Seto was becoming afraid.

He stepped carefully toward the door, grabbing the broom that was conveniently lying against the wall beside him. He gently grabbed the door handle and twisted.

'What!?' He shook the door handle again 'Who locked my bathroom door!?' In a moment of frustration he hit the door with the side of his fist.

Nothing except disappointment and a knock from inside. He began to walk back nervously to his couch. Wait. A knock on the door? Seto walked to the bathroom door and knocked on it.

No audible answer. He placed the palm of his hand flat against the wood and leaned so he could put his ear against the door.

Tick... Tick.. TIck

He couldn't describe the sound better than metal hitting wood. It was getting louder, maybe even harder. Then, it just stopped. Seto pushed back on the door for a second, confused.

Before he had a chance to move his hand away the wood underneath it splintered and a knife dug deep into his hand. "Fuck!" He hissed, sinking to his knees.

Blood dripped from his wound, down his wrist and onto his floor. Seto was gasping for breath by now. Maniacal laughter erupted from the other side of the door.