The Trace

Great. Today's the day that she wants to see my place. No matter how much I told her about the danger she still wants to come out. My alarm goes off... don't know why I use that thing I'm always up before it. I walk over to my mirror stretching. I can see why no one wants to approach me. I have defined muscles and a pale complexion my right eye is black even the whites are black while my other eye is blood red with a a pupil like a cats. My hair is long and and black and kinda wild all the time. I look like a monster compared to most people, I don't know why she ever even approached me in the first place. I wear black most of the time. I brushed my teeth and looked at my closet. Its technically an old girls locker room at the gym I'm hiding in but no girl has been here for 300 years.  

The stupid out break spread instantly and only a couple thousand people were immune, because it happened so quickly all the food in the stores were untouched, so that was a bonus. I decided to wear black slacks with the thin grey vertical stripes, a emerald green shirt and a black vest of the same material as the pants. I had my shoulder harness to hold my throwing knives I almost didn't take them but I might need it. I laced up my black combat boots and headed out the roof.

 I locked the door behind me and looked around. It was early in the morning the sun just rising. "She's probably still in bed," I muttered under my breath. I took off at a run three paces then a jump the air rushed past as I flew towards the next roof top. It was only ten feet, an easy jump I allowed myself a small smile. I kept running and I made it to the wall of the three story building and I jumped onto a window sill then to another and another then I jumped up a story then to the roof.

I checked the zip line I use to get to The Haven. It was still sturdy so I grabbed a leather strap and took a run at it, I got a secure grip as usual. Speeding along over the city was so fun. I even laughed as I went. The line stops ten feet from the ground there were four of those damn walking corpses. I let go a little early I was twelve feet from the ground. Time seemed to slow down as I reached for two knives with my right hand, spinning to the ground I release them both hitting two corpses between the eyes. I grabbed one knife in my left hand and rushed in stabbing one in the back of the skull and and threw the knife handle deep into the things ear. They both crumpled to the ground. I retrieved my knife cleaning them on the soulless bastards clothing.

 I managed to keep the blood off my clothes so I took to the roof tops and made it to The Haven right as she came out of her door. I combed my hair down or tried. "Top of the morning to ye m'lady," I said.

She turned around and smiled. "Wolfie!" The nick name made me chuckle. I took her hand and asked her if she was ready. She told me she was and we snuck out the back door as we walked down an alley way to avoid a group of corpses I heard a sound like gravel being stepped on I looked back just in time to see the outline of a black figure I heard an odd deep sound and then my vision went white. My ears were ringing and I felt my self hit a wall.

My hearing slowly returned and I pushed myself off of the ground. I looked next to me then fell down again before I puked. She lay next to me dead. Her body was cut up from what seemed to be an explosion. The left half of her upper body was gone and blood was everywhere. Her face wasn't even there any more the skull was crushed. I get up my vision is red and I'm bleeding in several places but I was still alive. I look at her again and remember the the black figure I had seen, I scaled the building next to me and looked down.

It was them. The remnants of the fallen government. 12 soldiers in all black gear stood below me. the one in front didn't have body armor on but the rest did. I felt my pulse increase in a surge of hate. I threw myself of the building I was four stories up using the window sills as stepping stools I made my way down grabbing four knives in each hand. When I got to about 15 feet from the ground it all slowed down and with a spinning flourish I release the knives in my left hand hitting four of the soldiers in the back of the neck severing their spinal cords. I threw the other four while grabbing three more and the 11 men dropped to the ground and the last man turned around holding a hand held grenade launcher I realized he was the one who killed her and his hand fell to the ground with the launcher in it. He was shocked. I had thrown a knife in an arc so that it cut his hand off before he could raise it, I pulled out my pocket knife and walked towards him I heard the ringing in my ears again as I approached him.

I was laughing now he was still stunned I punched him in the jaw and grabbed him around the throat lifting him off the ground and stabbing him in the navel. I drag the blade up to his sternum cutting him open. I stabbed the knife into his shoulder rendering the arm with a hand useless. I reached into his gut and pushed up till i felt a beating mass in my hand. I gripped it and tore it out. He was screaming the whole time then he stopped and looked at my red arm holding his still beating heart.

He whispered in a weak voice, "Yo.....yooou. you're a fucking evil piec..." He died before he finished his sentence. I threw it him to the ground and picked up all my knives from their dead bodies. I piled them up and used the grenade launcher to completely destroy their remains.

"Damn things too loud," I grumbled as I walked away. 

When I got home I picked the shower pack off the roof. It was still cold. It's been an hour since I left and it all changed. I took a cold shower. I curled up in bed and cried. The fact that she was gone, was all I could think as I fell asleep.

The next morning I woke up and brushed my teeth today I wore my usual. Black t-shirt with the insignia of a Fairy Tail over my heart, and black cargo pants with  black combat boots. I put on my shoulder harness for my knives and put six fresh knives on each side and put on my belt that held two more sets of six knives. I went over and grabbed my weapon the ton-scythe. Its a tonfa with a titanium spike at one tip a ball end of the same material on the other end and scythe blade extending from the portion near the ball. I strapped both of them to my belt and walked over to my pack to put fresh water in it and put that on too. I ran along rooftops this time instead of using the zip line.  I wasn't paying attention today so I didn't notice the smoke billowing till I was where The haven once was. The air had the stench of burning bodies and the houses had been blown to rubble. I hid behind the remains of a wall as 30 men surrounding a tank walked by. I can't believe it...... no one has enough fuel to use that, I thought to myself. 

"That's all of them Chief," I hear a man say.

"Yep erridicate the survivors encampment and don't leave a trace behind. I think we have that covered!" another yells. They marched north I stared until I couldn't see them. I walk out of hiding and survey the area.

"Those fuckers killed the love of my life and the people that struggled to survive in this world," I say to no one. "'Don't leave a trace' eh? Well they left me." I laughed at their failure and as I look around I see six more "Trace" crawl out of hiding. I smile and wave at them.