Chapter 4

Sarah knew she needed to lay low and stay out of sight from now on. She almost got caught twice already even though the first time wasn't her fault and she had no idea what was coming, and the second time she kind of had a feeling it was gonna happen because of that weird day dream that showed up in the middle of the restaurant. If things kept up like this she was gonna run out of chances, and actually get caught by those people, or worse they could quite possibly just kill her where she stood when she least expected it. She had been running for about an hour now and was getting very fatigued, she would take short breaks to catch her breath but she had to keep pushing through and move on.

After about another thirty minutes of running Sarah stopped to take a rest, sitting on a log trying to catch her breath. She took a deep breath closing her eyes listening to the birds and feel the peacefulness of nature, but her eyes flew open when she heard a car drive by on what sounded like a nearby road. She stood quickly her heart racing as she started to walk toward the treeline and she smiled seeing the road and the thought of hitch hiking entered her mind. She never thought in her life that she would ever hitch hike but there was a first time for everything, and Sarah was willing to take the risk.

Sarah finally found the paved road and started to walk in and out of the treeline, to make sure she wasn't going to be spotted and hoping she didn't see any black SUV's ,she was sure they didn't just give up looking for her either. When she heard a car approaching it peaked her interest a bit when she saw a white chevy cruze. She knew this was dangerous but it maybe the only chance she had left. So what she did was she stopped walking facing the car and she extended her hand and stuck out her thumb hitch hiker style.

Sarah stared at the driver through the windshield and to her amusement , the man in the car actually stopped for her. She had never felt so thrilled in all her life. When that car stopped in front of her she was overwhelmed with happiness and a wide smile came across her face. Nothing prepared her for when the man rolled down the passenger side window, she saw him and blushed a bright red. He was possibly the most attractive man she had ever witnessed in her whole life.

The man that was driving was maybe in his early to mid twenties. The man had perfect complexion and sun kissed skin, cute dimples on his cheeks when he let off a dazzling smile. He had short jet black hair that looked like it was slicked back with gel. He looked at her playfully with his pale blue eyes.

" where are you going to?" He asked Sarah as she looked around quickly and nervously. " Anywhere." She spoke quickly hoping that those people didn't see her . The man gave a slight understanding nod to her as he unlocked the doors letting her in. " Come on. Get in."She opened the door grateful that she was finally not running anymore and off her feet and closed the passenger side door as she got in.

Sarah turned to look at him and he was wearing a plain white T-shirt and blue jeans with plain black sneakers. He outstretched his hand to shake her hand and she actually took it and shook it. " I'm Nick." He smiled at her and she gave a nod and a fake name" Kate ." After all that's the name that was on the back pack anyway.