Chapter 5

Btw, if you're reading this the day I've published this chapter, I love you all so much.

Yes, I couldn't be on wattpad much.
Yes, I've been a lazy butt and hardly wrote much, and deleted three completed books.

I really hope that this time, I can finish at least one book by the end of AGUST. Wish me luck :')

_____________________________________

It was Halloween night, and oh boy. I was so not excited. Halloween was boring as heck, I don't understand why people even make such a fuss about costumes and chocolates and trick-or-treating people. Also, what's the point in making horror houses and movies and stuff when we ourselves live in such a world where horrors occur all across the world everyday? We basically live life in a waking nightmare.

So instead of going out for trick-or-treating people, I decided to stay at home and read since reading is fun...Isn't it?

Around 10 pm, after reading a book that I hadn't completed in months, I suddenly thought, "Hey..Should I read my diary tonight? It wouldn't be a bad idea to see what happened years back..." And so thinking, I slowly went to my cupboard and dug through the shelves of books, clothes and trash till I finally found two old spiral notebooks, with some burnt Barbie pencil in the pen hole.

I shivered. I didn't want to look at the pencil I pulled the pencil out of the shrunk loophole and chucked it into the trashcan. I didn't want to have even a single item from that day.

Except my diary. I need that.

After settling down in bed with the diary and a cup of warm tea, I started flipping the pages of my first diary.

Augst 12, 2008
Dear dairy,
I had such fun 2day. I had mashmallow wid sum choclate nd biscoot. I think it is calld smore. I liek it so much.
Good night fren

It was fun reading the funny misspelled entries and things were getting really cute and funny in this.

Daddy say I spell bad, I don think so. Who cares about spelling, I want 2 stnadunder.

Seeing that last word, I sat and thought for a while, what did I write? And only after 10 minutes, I figured out I wrote 'understand'.
Wow, Daddy wasn't wrong!

And then I started reading the entries from school.

Skool has start. Teacher liek me a lot. I am so happy!! I want kek and choclate 4 diner but mom not give me. Me sed. Help
_

I got new fren, she is Mari, I liek Mari ahahaha shes sooooooo nice to me but Mari makes me do bad, sould I do???
_

I sighed as I knew what I meant by that. She was the one who made me started following her little "social butterfly" shadow. I wonder how do people even achieve that much popularity within a school at such a young age. Unless you are some sort of child prodigy.

I liek school, school is nice, yay.

_

I flipped through all the pages till I saw something that caught my attention.

"Annie".

School is so boring, always telling me to coreet my spelling hehe as if that's needed in the future. And who'd want to make a musical of orfans - I think that's the spelling. I mean, why Annie?
Im bunking class. Haha.

_

I groaned. I couldn't read anymore. I shut the diary and stuffed it back into the cupboard. I was mostly done for the day. What was I supposed to do? I couldn't just see it forever and cry my eyes out.

Then I decided I should most probably just fish the pencil out of the trash because that was the last thing I had that connected me to the past I've rather not see.

I'm pretty sure that Sandy would want me to face my fear anyways.

So, with a grossed out face, I fished out the burnt Barbie pencil out of the trash.
Yeah.

And then after sipping the warm tea, I thought I should just go back to sleep.

I dropped off pretty soon after... and that's when I thought...

"Should I keep reading?"

I pulled out the first diary and kept reading from where I left off, and then it came.

A tear-stained paper with some shaky handwriting.

"I can't...I shouldn't have done that..."

The diary was over.