Prompt 1

The winter came faster than she's expected. She stood by the window and she shivered as she held tighter onto her blanket. The window isn't open but she can already feel the cold.

I really hate this weather-she thought as she went back to bed. There's nothing special in this type of weather for the young lady to enjoy it. Sure she had a few events here and there with her brother but that was now long gone. Her brother-her best friend in the whole world-died last year during winter. Their family was so excited when he was about to join the army but it all changed last year. On that day, fun memories about winter...snowman, snow angel, snowflakes... It all disappeared from her point of view about happiness.

She sighed as she closed her eyes. Hot, bitter tears ran down her cheeks as she opened her eyes once more. A photo of her brother sticking ice cream on her face seemed stood still on a frame they made together back in high school. How time flew without her even noticing.

"Destiny?" her mother called as she opened the door.

"Yes?" she sniffled as she held onto her blanket even more.

"Someone's here to see you."

"Who is it?"

"That boy by the lake last summer."

She didn't have to respond to let her mother know that she's coming. Her mother closed the door and Destiny listened as her mother's steps faded. She stood and turned the lights on before walking in front of the mirror. Her brown locks fell like waterfalls to just below her bosom. She thanked goodness inwardly for blessing her with naturally straight hair that never misbehaves no matter how windy it is.

She shivered again and decided to grab the nearest sweater beside her. It's another memory from her happy days with her brother-his gift for their seventeenth. She tied her hair up in a bun as she went downstairs. Her mother smiled at her before walking back to the living room to continue the cross-stitch thing she started but never finished. She smiled back at her mother before walking outside.

She could almost picture her brother racing her to the swings just a few feet ahead which made her smile. She smiled even more as soon as she saw that messy but still beautiful blonde locks just a few steps ahead. She always wondered what he looked for in the woods but she never asked. There's always something about that boy that made her heart flutter. She had crushes here and there but this boy was different.

He smiled as soon as he saw her and beckoned her to come closer. They've been friends for months now and he's the only reason she ever goes out of the house aside from going to the university. She lives near the university so they didn't require her to stay inside as a dormitorian. He on the other hand is a dormitorian; he's just good enough in escaping the guards and slipping back inside the university without ever getting caught. He called it his 'Mission Not Too Impossible'. Destiny found that amusing from the first time she heard it up until now. And he likes the way she makes a face when she's amused so he makes sure he always got something in his pockets.

"Took you long enough to get here" he beamed at her as she stood beside him.

"It wasn't that long" she answered.

"I know, I was just kidding. So, do you wanna build a snowman?" he winked and she just stared at him. "You know, Olaf? 'Hi I'm Olaf and I-"

"Like warm hugs?" she chimed in and made a face. They stared at each other and after a few seconds burst into laughter.

"Enough of that, let's go skating!" He took her hand and pulled her gently as they walked away.

"But I don't know how to skate." She answered as she stared at his hand on hers. Sweet currents flowed from where their hands are connected and it made her heart go badump-badump. She shrugged it off and held onto him as he led the way. She smiled fondly watching his back but soon she was pulled closer so they're walking side by side and hand in hand.