Prompt 3

I was sitting on the beach one summer day when I first saw him. The sky was like unto the flesh of a salmon and the sun seemed like it’s already sick and needs to rest. The sea was now quiet as its arms lets go from the loving hug of the sand. I watched as he walked gracefully along the shore as he playfully plays along with the waves. I can never forget the way he looked. His dress shirt was like that of the first fall of snow. His pants like the silky hair of a geisha.

I remember when I swiftly looked away when I saw him looking, but I guess I was too late because a few seconds later, he was sitting by my side. When he said ‘hi’ I didn’t dare look at his face but I only looked at his feet that he tried to bury in the sand. His skin was fair just like a roses’ bud but that afternoon, it reflected the setting sun’s.

I didn’t know how many times he tried to urge me to talk but all I felt was the fluttering of a thousand butterflies in my stomach, and so I had no choice but to run back to the hotel where my friends were staying. After a few minutes of silence after taking a quick shower, I sat down and looked out the sea. There were lights hanging from where I was sitting. Lanterns with different colors and I smiled as I watched them sway in the summer breeze. My eyes followed the trail of lanterns until my gaze stopped and my heart pounded against its cage.

The lights made everything clear and so did his smile. I wanted to look away but I just can’t. The way he smiled captured me and I just couldn’t bear to look away as my mind began taking pictures of his perfection. His hair danced with the breeze and I already wanted to touch those locks that could be perfectly compared to a Sunday afternoon while lying down under a tree. You know, when the light peeks through the leaves and you just keep on trying to catch it with your hand.

His eyes are round and its color is just like when I’m riding a plane and you look at the sea and underneath it, the sand is pure. His cheeks surprisingly are kissed with the color of strawberries in spring and his lips are that of a kitten’s nose and one would just want to purr into his arms. His smile radiant as the sunbeam as his pearly teeth showed.

And when he spoke once more, his voice croons like that on classical music that you can just fall in love with over and over again. I didn’t realize that he was already talking to me until he poked my nose and smiled at the surprise that reflected on my face. He touched my chocolate hair and smiled once more as he sat in front of me.

I gave him my name when he asked for the fifth time, but I never asked for his. I simply enjoyed my time with him as I watched those luscious lips as it moved when he speaks. We spent the whole night talking, just talking as we got to know each other. When he shared of the wonderful experiences he had, his eyes reflected the calm sea but his spirit as high as the waves when the wind is wild. But when he shared some painful moments, her eyes reflected the sea in the night during a mighty storm.

I watched closely at his face as he told his stories and his adventures while I admired the changes of nature in his face. We laughed when the sun began to rise and his hair reflected the autumn sky and his eyes reflected the winter morning. His eyes are just filled with wonder as the rest of him remained the same. The way that his energy flows out of him brightens everything just like the summer sun. And just like Icarus, I couldn’t help but get drawn towards him.

We parted ways late in the morning after promising that we’d see each other again. I sat down with my friends, listening to them talk while I daydream about those beautiful sapphire eyes.

It was late at night when my friends and I decided to walk down the beach and join the merriment of the people who are on a vacation as well. I looked up the sky and admired the stars as they shone and the round moon that watched over. Music started to boom as we walked closer to the evening party and flickering of a thousand lights welcomed us in its embrace. Drinks were thrown everywhere but I didn’t dare touch it for my lips never desired to meet its taste.