The New Start

Her eyes slowly closed when the sound of rain poured heavily on the roof, killing the sound of silence almost giving her a lullaby to sleep to. Exhausted, her active mind didn't bother to dream of anything this night. Finally, the rest she's been waiting for had finally came after a long day of work. 

  Deep in sleep, it felt like she slept for a bit then, woke up to the sound of her alarm clock. 6:30 am, displayed on the little screen. Blindly she turned off the annoying beeping sound. Sitting up on the queen sized bed. The girl didn't want to move at all, she wanted to sleep in for a bit longer.

"Good morning Daniella," A soft human robotic voice said making her look at the desk nearby seeing her laptop open, revealing it's eyes, looking back at her. "Did you sleep well?"

"Yeah," She stretched her arms out as far as they could go then hunched over to stretch her spine. "Wish I could sleep in more. "

"Then, why don't you?" The eyes of the laptop blinked, still looking at her.

"It will ruin my normal schedule that I've had all my life." Daniella got out of bed walking to the walkin closet to change for the day.

"I see." The black laptop focused his eyes to the entrance of the walkin closet, " What are your plans for the day?"  

"The normal Knight, expanding the Knight Divsion into different states to see if there is more evidence of the Hive's remains. If so, I'll set off on a mission to destroy them. If not, well, I guess I'm back to a steady life. " Daniella said while getting dressed. "What about you and Kitt?"

"Watch over the house of course, and watch for any activity that is connected with the Hive."

A sigh escaped her lips as she looked at the glossy laptop through the door frame, giving a relaxed expression while slowly walking up to him. "Knight? The original Hive is gone." She sat in the little purple chair before him, leaning on the desk. "There is nothing to worry about."

"Yes, you stand corrected that they are gone but, Kitt and I believe that they might come back in a different form of some sort. You never know. In my case its best to be on the look out." Knight's voice soften more.

  Shaking her head lightly with smile, Daniella chuckled playfully. "Knight, they're gone let's try to enjoy life now. Buddy, it's been three years now. Everything happened when I was 19 and 20, remember?"

"You stand corrected," Knight's voice lowered when he realized the time frame they were now in. All he could think of is how his crystal mother board is programmed to protect the Raider daughter, but, she is now all grown up and most of all, a safe 23 year old now.

"Are you alright Knight?" Daniella noticed a hint of sadness in his reply.

"Of course, just reprograming files." Knight lied, "Anyway. I have to run some scans within the system, might take a while."

"Alright Knight, I'll see you later." Daniella walked out of the room heading down stairs.

  Walking out of the house Daniella looked at the blue sky, taking in the new day as she walked across the street to her friends house. Stopping at the door step, her brown eyes stared at the white door for a bit. Many thoughts ran in her mind making her look frozen for a minute. A gust of wind blew making her side bangs fall over her left eye, snapping her out of the frozen time. Putting her hair back in place she knocked on the door. She waited for a bit then heard the locks unlocking, opening the door.

"Hi there." A soft clam voice said as she looked up to see her friend stand before her with a light smile on his face.

"Hey Keathen," Daniella replied gently and smiled looking into his green eyes. "I know your busy and all but, I just came to give you this." She held out a gift wrapped in a box.