Shadows

Keathen opened his eyes as the suns rays made its way through the window of the room. For a couple of minutes he stayed still blinking slowly as his green eyes slowly focused at the empty wall next to his bed, half of his face was still resting on the pillow. His vision focused then blurred every now and then as he thought of Daniella. Shutting his eyes he couldn't believe what was still going on in her life and felt guilty about it. All this time he has always been there for her and now that she needed him again, he was in the process of leaving Colossal City. Deep down he never wanted to leave her behind but he wanted to succeed on what he wanted to do in his life.

  Not knowing how to express his feelings about the situation that he was in. Keathen opened his eyes with tears that began building up as his mind reminded him on how she was saddened, by the fact that he was leaving but knew that is what he wanted for sure. He knew that she always wanted the best for him, even if it means she has to step aside for him. All in reality Keathen wanted to take her with him, the best part of his life. Closing his eyes tears streamed down to his pillow, his breath became unsteady. He couldn't deal with this feeling as well as he thought. He took a deep breath to calm down but he sobbed more, thinking of how he'll miss her, being there for her and most of all he knew that the distance would slowly kill the relationship that they've had over the years. He couldn't deal with this feeling that was making his heartache. For the first time, he was experiencing sadden feelings for leaving his best friend and wanted to regret making his decision. 

An hour passed.

  Getting ready for the day, Keathen calmed down. Rubbing his face in his hands while taking a final deep breath and looked out his window viewing Daniella's house across the street. The two story white, blue and grey house was in a perfect view for him to see and of course he could catch a view of her in her room talking to the laptop at her desk. A smile grew on his lips as he could see her smiling and laughing as if she was watching a funny video from what normal people would see but most importantly Keathen knew that the laptop was joking around with her to keep her spirits up. A glare of light crossed his vision making him look down at the street. To his surprise he saw the golden Toyota driving into the garage almost knocking the door off it's tracks.
  Quickly he ran out of the house to see T who seemed to be panicking. He could see the whole body of the Toyota shaking and suddenly stopped in his tracks seeing black liquid leaking from underneath. Not sure to get close to the truck Keathen studied him, trying to get a clue on what was wrong with T. The rear lights flickered every now and then, sometimes bright then dark changing to an orange color instead of red.  

"T?" Keathen spoke to get his attention, taking a step closer.

"Hey... I'm not well." T spat in a raspy tone. "Can you get her for me? Please.. "

"Yeah, take it easy though, your leaking something." Keathen ran to the living room glancing around to the nearby kitchen and den. "Daniella!" He ran upstairs.

"Keathen? What is it?" Daniella met him half way downstairs in alert while wrapping her hair ban into her ponytail.

"T is back and he is not well. Nor himself." Keathen quickly said as he went back to the garage. Gesturing for her to come fast.

  Not wasting anymore time Daniella dashed after Keathen, once she saw the dark Toyota she was relieved but then was uneasy on how he looked. Memories of him came back to her mind knowing what or not to expect from him, taking a couple of steps closer to the dark Tacoma he didn't move at all. Giving a simple nod Daniella went to the cabinet and placed a bowl under T to capture the dark liquid that was leaking out of him.

"T what happened?" Daniella asked seeing the dim lights in his headlights while checking around the truck exterior. Keathen watched, noticing that the Toyota was a darker color than the original  mystic gold.