Why don't you see me, Freen?

We are lying here upon my bedroom's roof, watching the sunrise replace the moon like we always did when we were kids. With her head resting on my shoulder, I kiss the top of her head. All so sudden she turned to me and said...

"Bec, why do they always went away? Am I not good enough to keep?"

I stared at her and stroke her cheek. I can hear sadness in her tone and it makes my heart clench. With that sad eyes looking straight into mine, there's nothing in the world I wanted to say but...

"Comes and goes whosoever may. It doesn't change the fact that you are the most luminous star I've ever seen. You are worth to keep."

But the rat in my heart didn't allow me to say it instead I blurted...

"Don't think too much about them. You're not the one at the loosing end. One day you will have that person who will love you to the moon and back and will never going to leave you no matter what."

Only if you keep your eyes wide open.

And with that, Freen smile and hold my hand firmly saying...

"You are such a natural sweetheart, Bec. Always reassuring."

She bury her face in my neck and hug my waist. I smiled and pull her closer to me. Then I started humming a love song which apparently turned into sad and depressing song.

"You are my best ever best friend for ever. I love you."

I didn't reply and just hug her tightly.

Her kind of "I love you" is the most painful "I love you" I have ever heard.