I'm happy for you, Freen

Freen came running full speed into my arms and throw her arms around my neck. Hugging her always igniting the fire inside me. I always wanted to pull her closer, caging her in my arms. It made me feel lost like losing in paradise. But the needle of reality never fail from bursting my bubble, bringing me back into chaos of life.

"Bec, I am so happy! You know what happened today?"

She said, still in my arms, looking up to meet my eyes.

"W..what?"

I ask nervously as my eyes leave hers, traveling down to her soft, pinkish lips that I could kiss all day if she allows me to.

"Remember my crush Eugene from college, who also joined the painting contest?"

I nod absentmindedly, still on the trance of fantasising her lips.

"He asked me out!" She chirp, prancing.

It takes seconds for me to digest what I just heard and I feel like deafen.

"I..I'm sorry?" I ask bluntly.

Maybe I just misheard. Maybe she didn't said that she was dating her crush Eugene. Maybe this is just a dream. Maybe...

I stared at Freen who was laughing at me with that amuse look in her eyes. She pinched my cheek.

"What? You're acting as if I told you I have an incurable disease. I'm  just saying that finally, my love loves me too. Aren't you happy for your best friend?"

If my heart was only made of glass, she could have heard it smash on the stone ground. I am defeated...

Yet again!

She is my best friend. So to stop her from seeing my agony in tears, I hug her again, but much tighter.

"Of course I'm happy. You are happy, so I am happy. I just hope, he always keeps you that way."