Chapter 5

Hey guys! 3 day weekend! woohoo! Well here's chapter 5 for ya(:

Oh! And it would be great if you would go check out my friend @ambiemills (: She's an amazing writer and you won't regret it! She has two books and they are both AMAZING! Please go read them(:

My mom was beautiful. She had long brown hair, caressing down to the small of her back. Her bright blue eyes would hypnotize anyone who looked into them. Every night, when my mom was still in love with my dad, my dad would come into my room and tell me the story of how they met.

Both of my parents were not native Hawaiians. My dad actually moved to Hawaii from California after graduating from high school. He had gotten a scholarship to the University of Hawaii for his grades. It was always his dream to live there, so that was his first choice for college.

My mom decided to go to college there because that is where her dad, my grandpa, used to live. She didn’t get a scholarship, but she did go onto their soccer team as a walk-on, which was enough for her

One day, in their freshman year of college, it was pounding down rain. My dad decided that he would go to the beach and watch the storm. Yeah I know, but it actually is something to see. My mom, of course, had the same idea that he did.

They didn’t notice each other for quite some while, considering they were not that far apart and the only ones on the beach.

All of a sudden, lightning struck the palm tree separating them, and they saw each other for the first time. My dad looked into her eyes and thought he died, because he didn’t know that such beauty could live on Earth. This is my dad’s story, not mine.

He went over to see if she was okay after he came out of it. Of course, she was pretty shaken up, but she enjoyed his company. Apparently she enjoyed his company a lot, because they spent the whole night on the beach talking, and the rest is history.

Two years later, my parents got married, and four months after that, Liam was born.  My parents were the epitome of the perfect marriage for the first ten years. Then, one day, my mom left for another man.

I was eight years old, Liam was ten. We were screaming and crying, trying to get her to stay. We both somehow knew that if she left, she was gone. She didn’t even turn around.

Since I was only eight, I didn’t know what to do because she was gone. Around the age of ten, I figured she was dead to me. I didn’t know how a mother could leave her children behind without even looking back. I didn’t want to know either, because I didn’t want to ever see or talk to her again.

Things were going good for a while, my dad had finally gotten over how my mom left, and Liam and I just erased her from our memories. Everything was good, until my mom committed suicide.

We didn’t find out about it from her family, or friends that we had both been in touch with, but via email. She sent it to me. When I first saw her name, I wanted to delete it. Curiosity got to me though, and I opened her suicide note.

In it she explained how she had to leave, and not a day went by without her thinking about our family. The man she left us for, had forced her to leave or else he would kill us. He beat her every day, for the four years that she had lived without us. The day she killed herself, was the day she had given up hope.

I showed my dad and Liam when I was done reading it. While reading it, my dad was sobbing and mumbling how he should’ve fought for her, and how it was his fault. It was horrible to see my dad like that, and Liam too.

Liam took my mom leaving even harder than I did. He always thought that maybe he had done something wrong, and that was the reason why she left. When he was reading that letter, he had so many emotions that I had never seen my brother show. Guilt, anger, sadness, love-The list went on and on, but he never shed a tear.