s i x

Ah. The eight grade. I was finally throwing a birthday party. I know I could've had thrown them earlier, but I didn't know anyone else besides you. But now, now I knew quite a few people.

Nina, my other best friend, after you of course. You were still number one in my list, I didn't even know why. Maybe I was hoping that inside there, somewhere, was still the boy that build a sandcastle with me.

But back to Nina. I had already told her about my party and invited her. But unfortunately she had something to do with her dad and was truly sorry that she couldn't be in my party.

So I gathered all my courage and passed the invitations to everyone. I was super shy, even though they were my so called friends. If we are honest, they were just girls that had been nice to me and actually spend time with me. You, of course, got an invitation too, but not in school. I was too embarrassed and scared that I would make your friends laugh about either you or me. So I put it in your mailbox.

As my big day got closer and closer, Nina noticed that I got more and more excited. I mean, of course I got. It was my first birthday party after all.

Then became the day of the party. I had a small, but beautiful cake, with one candle on it. I had told my parents that they should go to my grandparents's house for my birthday party and they agreed. So now I was alone, waiting anxiously for the guests to arrive.

As the clock moved and it was already time to the party to end, I realized that no one was coming. Not even you.

I sat on my seat and pulled the cake closer me. The candle had been burning this whole time and it had covered some of the cake in stearin.

"Happy birthday, Luna." I said to myself as there was no one else to say it and blew the candle. I could feel a single tear slip down my cheeks as I turned my gaze to my hands. No one had came. No one thought that I was worth of celebrating. Not even you, my best friend.

Maybe it was time to forget about you. Yeah, and maybe I was okay with it. You would officially be my ex-best friend.