26: Stanley Uris

I smiled at everyone as I walked down the hallway, making my way to the losers. I wasn't necessarily a part of their group...yet! I plan on it though.

"Hey, Stan!" I said happily as I walked up to them.

He gave me a smile, but as usual, it didn't look real.

"Hey...y/n." He waved and turned back to the others.

I frowned and tried again, "So...who wants to go to the movies later? It's on me."

They all shook their heads and looked at me, "W-we are a-a-actually go-going to-" Bill started.

"We don't want to hang out with you." Richie said. Eddie slapped the back of Richie's head.

I frowned again, "O-oh...ok."

"He didn't mean it li-" Eddie started.

I walked away without letting him finish. I get it, I'm annoying. I just want to be like everyone else, and I mainly do it because I need the attention.

Without any parents, no siblings, no friends, it gets kind of lonely. The losers were nice to me at first, but I guess I got out of hand.

Feeling a tear fall, I wiped it away. This is my fault. If I weren't to be so needy, then maybe people would hang out with me.

Walking out of the school, I run towards this spot I found a few months ago. It's a giant lake thing with a huge cliff. It's kind of in the middle of the forest, but that's what I like about it. It's far away from everything else.

I used to be really calm and cool. People would want to hang out with me because I was chill to be around. That changed when my father passed away and my mother started doing drugs. She is never home, always at a party or some randoms house.

Pulling my backpack off and placing it beside me, I pull out my sketchbook and supplies.

I chose a part of the scenery in front of me and started drawing, listening as the sound of leaves rattling and wind whistling lightly was heard.

Halfway through my drawing, I head laughing and talking. Then footsteps as they walked over the small rocks.

Turning around, I see the losers. They look at me and freeze.

"I..I'll go." I muttered and gathered my things, feeling their eyes on me.

"Hey...I like your drawing." Beverly said.

I didn't look up, "Thanks."

"Can I see it?" She asked walking up to me.

I shook my head, "I Uh...I have to go."

Walking away, I threw my backpack on and started home.

I didn't feel so sad anymore, feeling a little better because of my calm drawing session.

Walking inside, I hear and see nothing.

I sighed and dropped my backpack, walking into the kitchen to grab a glass. I fill it with water and chug it, placing it in the sink afterwards.

"Y/n...." I heard. I spun around to the sound of a familiar voice.

"Hello!" I called out.

"In your room..." I heard.

No way! It sounded like father.

I ran to my room without hesitation, smiling brightly.

"Dad!" I yelled.

He was sitting on my bed, smiling brightly. I ran to him and hugged him.

"I missed you so much!" I cried.

"I miss you too, darling." He croaked.

"Can you stay....is it really you?" I asked.

He nodded, "It's me. And no, darling, I can't stay."

I frowned, "W-what do you mean?"

"I can't stay, but you can come with me." He smiled evilly.

I gave him a confused look, "What's that mean, papa?"

"Come down here with me....we all float." He said excitedly.

"Huh? Who floats?"

"All of us! We all float down here!" He laughed manically.

I backed away, stumbling into my dresser.

"Papa...you're scaring me." I whispered in fear.

He stood up, and the worst thing imaginable happened.

"Good! It's all your fault! I killed myself just to leave you here. I didn't want you anymore! Wanna know why? You're useless!" He screamed.

His face was changing, and it became pale and almost looked like a clown. I closed my eyes tightly, then opened them again.

He had fully changed into something different, a clown indeed. He was dressed in a dirty costume with bright red lips and wild red orange hair.

I whimpered and ran out of my room, screaming.

"Help!" I yelled as I made my way to the front door.

"We all float down here!" It yelled.

I screamed and pulled the front door open, running out.

Looking behind me, I bumped into someone. I fell on my butt and while still looking back, crawled away from the house.

"No...no no no no!" I yelled in fear. Tears were streaming down my face and I was breathing heavy.

"Y/n! Y/n calm down!" I heard.

I shook my head and stood up, about to run again when someone grabbed me by the shoulders and stopped me. I squeezed my eyes shut.

"Please! Please don't!" I screamed.

"Y/n! It's me!"

"Stanley?" I asked as I opened my eyes.

His face came into vision and he nodded, "Yes...are you okay?"

I pulled away from him, fixing myself.

"What are you guys doing here?" I asked as I was still crying.

"W-what did y-y-you see-see in th-there?" Bill asked.

I didn't turn around, just stared at them and held myself.

"I don't know." I shook my head and sobbed.