sand between my toes; surfing with a smile

Fay;

That morning I wake Liam up and we go into my kitchen and drink coffee. I still cannot believe he thinks I am beautiful. He sets his mug down and stands next to me as I lean back on the sink. his warm hands are placed on my arms as he pulls me to his chest.

"I know where we are going to go today." Liam whispers through my tangled hair.

"Where?!" I feel too excited.

''You'll see..." He walks to the door and I eye him suspiciously.

"Oh, and wear that swim suit." Liam winks and shuts the door.

I expect we are going somewhere where there is water. I take a shower and decide to not do my hair because I feel like it will be ruined anyways. I slip my Hendrix shirt over my bikini top and I put on my surfing shorts over the bikini bottom. My sandals are hanging on by a thread but who cares.

There is a knock at the door, I open it up to be greated by my beautiful neighbor with toned biceps and perfect hair. Liam walks me down to his car and he puts on the radio. All of Me by John Legend is playing. Liam sings along and he's actually really good. I decide to sing too even though I don't sing very good.

"Love your curves and all your edges, all your perfect imperfections." Liam sings.

"Cuz I give you alllllll of me!" I smile and look out the window because of how bad I sounded compared to him.

"You're not a bad singer ya know..." Liam said as he drove on.

"You're lying so I shall laugh at the sound of bullshit. HA!" Liam laughed and turned to me very heartfully.

"Fay, you are beautiful. Just sitting here singing with me is all I ever wanted. There is something about you that I need. I feel this connection between us, I don't know. You must think I'm crazy..."

"You're not crazy. I feel the same way. I didn't want to say anything because was afraid that you didn't feel the same." I felt so small and weak.

He touched my knee and looked me straight in the eyes. "Don't worry."

We arrived at a beach called Pilot Bay, and only an older couple was here. Liam came around and helped me out of his truck. The water was so wavy, and the sand was so soft. I love it here.

*************†******†*****************†**************†***************†*********************

Liam:

She started to walk toward the water and I followed. Her old flip flops and Hendrix shirt now lay upon the sand. Her skin now shows and her hair ebonly flows around her shoulders and comes just below her shoulder blades. I can tell she doesn't color it, which I appreciate. Her bright blue bikini top brings out the green in her eyes. The kind of green that no one can duplicate. You could get lost in those eyes, not know where you are or what you're doing...

"Liam!" Fay snaps me out of my daze.

"Sorry, what?

Fay giggled happily "I asked you if you surfed."

"Yeah I do, I brought my board, wanna-"

She was already running to the truck "I'll get it!"

I started to wax and buff my board, Fay seemed so fascinated. She ran her fingers along the tip and all the way back. Once I was done I took her by the hand and we walked into the sea.

"Sit on the front and I will paddle." She did what I said. We only met a few days ago...she must really trust me.

I started to paddle and Fay sat cross-legged on the front. As we both saw a decent wave, we rode. I stood up and Fay stayed sitting and laughed whenever I fell. We talked and talked, about the beach, the other guys I lived with whom I call my friends, and Seattle itself. I told her about each guy, who they are dating, where they work and what they like. Louis likes surfing too and he has a fiance Eleanor who Fay will definetly like.

We head back to the tuck where I packed food and drinks. Fay isn't like some girls who won't eat in fron of guys, she is just herself which I love. We stayed for a little while longer then started home.