Chapter Quatre; Those Hip School Guys

It’s Monday morning, Ashton keeps dropping by his parent’s house but they won’t let him see Elodine. Her parents have her on suicidal house arrest, which in my opinion is a bit dramatic

  When I stopped by with Elodine’s favorite soup and a bouquet of flowers they just frowned and told me that Ashton had tried that Elodine told them to turn away anyone who came to see her and that she didn’t even like the brand of soup I bought

  I’m currently sitting outside Manny’s house. She slowly walks down the porch and gets in the car. She leans on the window “she hates us”

  I sighed “do you really think I want to be dealing with this teenage girl drama? I’m a man, and I have a life and things to do”

  Manny glared at me “you’re something else Kennett”

  I sighed “you need to talk to her and fix this; I don’t need her to hate me. My birthday is in a couple of days and I don’t want this to be an excuse for her to not come to my party”

  Manny continued to glare at me “why should she come to your party? You ruined hers...”

  “She ruined her own party when she tried to come onto me”

  Manny sighed, “Whatever”

  “Manny, I know this will be hard to believe, but I have soft side and it’s for Elodine. You mainly know how much I care about her; I need you to fix this, for me”

  Manny shook her head “Kennett, she doesn’t want me to fix it. She wants you to fix it; she needs you to fix it. I know you care about her, I know you like her and if you want to pretend like you’re so into Sarah then fine. At the end of the day you’ll always just be the guy who has feelings for a sixteen year old girl

  “Manny...”

  She rolls her eyes “what?”

   “I’m uh, I’m sorry for getting all  mad at you in the restaurant, I just wanted everyone to like each other and it was awkward and I was mad...”

  Manny held up her hand “I don’t care if you like me Kennett, I don’t care if we get along. I care about Elodine and because of you she won’t talk to me” 

  I wrap my arms around Manny “you need to like me, I won’t settle for any less. You’re like my baby sis and I love you”

  She sighed “I love you too Kennett, now please, go to her house and tell her how sorry we are”

  It’s starting to rain, her parents cars aren’t home. When I pull up to the curb I see her sitting on the porch

  I got out the car, she looks up at me and I think she might get up and go into the house but she just stands up, “Manny called me and told me you were coming”

  “You guys are speaking now?”

  Elodine shrugged “I guess”

  I cupped her chin “how about me, are we speaking?”

  Something passes over her face “Kennett, we’ll always be speaking. Even if I don’t like you”

  I held her chin up, trying to get her to look me in the eyes “I need you to like me”

  She brushed my hand away “why does it matter, I’m a young’n anyway”

  I sat down on the porch, cautious of tucking my phone deep in my pocket so it won’t get wet from the rain “are you cold?”

  She shrugged “a little”

  I pulled her into my arms “the thing about us is that everything is out in the open”