Four

Madison had gotten a lot closer to Max. She found comfort in the fact he was friends with Tom before his death. Madison found herself falling for him. She didn't know how she felt about it.

When Madison woke that morning, she smiled at a text from Max.

"See you at work beautiful. I'll have a coffee waiting - Max xx"

Madison took a deep breath and smiled. She knew Max was trying to make the effort with her. Madison got changed into a black dress which was quite short and her heels.

Nikki looked up and smiled. "You're making an effort aren't you?" She asked.

"Yeah. Tom would want me to move on and be happy. I've not found Mr Right yet but I'm sure I will soon," Madison said as she took some of her coffee.

Nikki smiled. "He would. Be strong for him."

"I will."

Madison got into the car and drove to the school. She applied her bright red lipstick before getting out of the car.

"I know you're with me Tom," Madison mumbled. She smiled and looked up at the sky.

She walked into the school and smiled at Max.

"Morning," she said. Max grinned.

"Hello you. Wow, you look stunning."

Madison grinned and thanked him. Max handed her the coffee he bought her. Madison smiled. "Has this got my chocolate on?"

"Of course. Do you want it any other way?" Max asked.

Madison laughed and kissed his cheek.

Madison walked to the staffroom with her coffee and Max next to her. Madison grinned. "People are going to suss that we're something."

Max laughed. "Well it wouldn't be a bad thing would it?"

Madison shrugged. "Who knows. It depends on if you can do the deed quite good."

Max laughed. "Well, whenever you're ready, we can do it."

"You mean that?"

"Of course."

Max and Madison sat down together. Madison really liked Max. She took a deep breath and looked at Max.

"Maybe tonight we can do something nice?" Madison added.

Max grinned. He smiled.

"Yeah. I'd like that. I'll pick you up," he said. Madison tried not to grin. She couldn't wait.

Madison watched as Max walked out. Madison felt bad for replacing Tom but like she told her mum, Tom would want her to move on and be happy. Madison didn't know how it was possible but she hoped Max would be the one to help her.

Nikki walked in. Madison smiled. "Hi mum."

"Hi darling. How are you?" Nikki asked as she had some coffee.

Madison smiled. "I'm okay."

"Still worrying about him?" Nikki asked. Madison sighed and nodded.