Chapter Eleven

© Copyright 2012

"When did evil start to look so alluring? One answer: when goodness began to look boring."

POV OF CHLOE PAYNE

  It was one of the mornings when you wake up, all you want to do was go back to sleep. Unfortunately, that was nearly impossible due to the fact my mom stood on the edge of my bed pestering me to get up and she had opened all the blinds, leaking sun light into my room.

  "Chloe, you've got two insanely attractive young men sitting downstairs waiting to bring you out, I don't know why you’re not rushing to get ready!" She exclaimed, yanking my cover right off my body. I threw my arms around my body in annoyance.

     "Mom!" I quickly covered my body, wishing I hadn't slept in just a sports bra last night, "I'm sick, I can't go. Tell them to take Annabelle." I rolled over, pressing my face into my mattress. I felt the bed dip from mom getting on it, her voice lowered with aggression.

  "You know I won't hesitate to send them up here," She threatened, before clapping her hands together. "So get up, get dressed and be ready! It's very warm out by the way!"

So I decided to get up, pushing myself to my feet and dragging my feet towards the shower. To say I was exhausted would be an understatement and the last thing I wanted right now was to spend the day with Rocco and his cocky older brother.

            “Are you ready yet?” Leo questioned, surprising me with his presence. I hadn’t even realized he entered my room. Touching up on my eye makeup, I looked into the mirror; satisfied.

            “Yes,” I rolled my eyes and turned around, “Why are you so willing to hang out with them? I thought you hated Rocco,” I crossed my arms and wondered what was up with my brother. Something was definitely up.

            “I do.” He shrugged, “But Damon’s cool.” He walked off suspiciously, leaving me anxious to know what really was going on. I tried to brush it off my shoulder as I walked down my staircase, wondering if the two brothers had actually waited here even after I deliberately took a very long time to get ready.

But when I walked down the stairs, the first thing I saw was Rocco. He stood there, watching someone in the other room with a look of annoyance and impatience. The look didn’t suit him well, his face was much more attractive when he was smiling and laughing- but I’d never tell him that.

            One of the stairs creaked under my weight, making his head snap my way. He watched me walk down the rest of the stairs with an unreadable expression.

            “Hi,” I smiled nervously at him, noticing how much taller he was then me. I had to look up at him, but I wasn’t complaining. His face grew into a wonderful smile, and he looked like he had the urge to do something.

His obsidian eyes swirled with some sort of look, and his jaw tensed. His smile dropped and a familiar voice interrupted me looking at his wildly attractive face.

            “And finally the Princess arrives,” Damon winked at me, stepping closer. Involuntarily, I stepped closer to Rocco. Damon’s dangerous aura made itself well known, and that dirty smirk of his didn’t help.

“Hello Damon,” My voice was bitter but friendly at the same time. It was easy to tell he knew the kind of affect he had on people- and I knew he used it as an advantage. He made them feel nervous and uneasy, and even though I felt the same I would never let it show.